Tuck up!!??!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuck up!!??!!

Does anyone know of a website, dvd or anything that someone is demonstrating how to place the tuck up right??? Thanks in advance.

Normally the tuck up is located under the last rib, unless you are trying to move it to make a dog look longer or shorter. Does that help at all?
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Don't have an answer for you, but it would depend on the breed and the individual dog. You can make a long bodied dog look shorter with the right placement for that particular dog.
      Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Chris talks about it in depth on the POodle DVD she has through LesPoochs...if you are talking about a poodle that is the best reference I have to offer.
        <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I agree it depends on what you are trying to hide or show---but anyway, I learned it from Jodi Murphy's Schnauzer DVD---it has stuck with me ever since. I still struggle with it, but before I just thought the tuck up was the flap of skin itself, I never knew I was "moving" a tuck up around, lol. She demo's it on pretty much every DVD of each breed, and shows what moving the tuck up too far back does---it makes the dog look like a dachshund!

www.jodimurphy.net

Tammy in Utah
          Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Working...
          X