Cutting out those large dogs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting out those large dogs...

I'm going into the last couple weeks here at the salon and will be relocating to the house and am considering concentrating on just small and med. size dogs but am worried about how much business I can lose without offering service to those with large dogs.
    I plan on keeping quite a few of the ones I currently have but would rather not take on any new ones.

For those of you who have switched from all sizes to just small/medium did you notice a drop off in income or anything?
    I could really use some input on this one
    ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
    Apparently common sense isn't all that common
    *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Our shop stopped taking new large dogs and slowly elimated most of our current large dogs. We aren't booked 4-6 weeks in advance like we used to be but I'm not sure if that's from the economy or lack of large dogs. We still book out almost a week which isn't as much as I'd like but still keeps us busy.

Comment

I gave up large dogs in January, 2009. (with the exception of 5 big'ns, because they are great dogs with great owners who tip very well... and that's always a plus) It didn't affect my income at all. As a matter of fact, I'm busier now.

Comment

bumping this up so I can get some more input....
        ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
        Apparently common sense isn't all that common
        *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

Working...
        X