What is a "Collar cut?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a "Collar cut?"

I got a phone call from a woman who keeps her Mini Poodle in a "Collar cut" Common sense tells me that the neck is shaved where the collar would be. I looked it up in "Notes" and it's not there. Does anyone have any pictures or advice? I'm told she's about 12-13 pounds. Thanks!
    Last edited by Elise H; 01-21-10, 10:13 AM. Reason: posted twice by accident

Usually its called a jeweled neckline or a banded collar. You shave a strip around th eneck, usually with a ten. I have no photos to share. Its an older style, not done so often, but if you look at the Kalstone poodle book, on page 93 there is a detailed photo session of how to do it. I cannot post those pics cause they are copyrighted, but if you don't have this book, you need it.
    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Since the average pet owner misuses terms, I would ask for a picture. Tell her you know what it means as a professional pet groomer, but you want to be certain it is what she is talking about.

Comment

I've only had one client in 18 yrs ask for this cut. I actually liked the way it looks and wish more poodle clients would get it. basically you just shave the neck all the way around.

Comment

Working...
        X