Anyone else clean their jugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else clean their jugs?

OK, I know this may seem a bit anal retentive, and I can be that way at times I know, but it drives me crazy to have hairy, icky gallons of shampoo. Even though I keep them in a cabinet under the tub, they do still get hairy eventually. So about once a week I pull them all out and hose them down, dry them off and put them back. i do the same thing for all the small bottles of stuff I have on the shelf over the door too. I vacuum that area after every groom but never get all the hair that way, so into the tub they go as well. I know when it comes to my gallon jugs no one else sees them but my employee and myself. Just wondering if I'm the lonely weirdo of the group.
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

I do that every once in a while when I clean up.
    I vacuum around them every day,
    but like you said, it never gets all the hair.

Comment

Nope, not just you. I like clean jugs too! Hehehe. Seriously though I do clean the hair and goop off of the containers. I hate that ickiness.

Comment

I do. I have several jugs in my tub with pumps in them and then I have some in a rack above the tub and then all the small bottles in racks also. I take the hose several times a week and rinse them all off. I hate to see all that nasty hair stuck all over the bottles.
        ~*~Robin~*~
        "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Comment

I do it too but it doesn't get done quite that often.. every 2 weeks usually. I don't know how many times I had to cut my hands (on the little rough edges where they stick the bottles together) before I started using a brush to do it. You're not alone!

Comment

I have done it, but not as often as all of you have. Maybe every 6 months!!! LOL JK
            "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
            Diane

Comment

Thinking about it, I realized at the salon I used to work at the bather rinsed off the bottles EVERY night, so maybe that's why I became so anal about my gallon jugs! of course there the bottles were right next to the drying table and not in anything to keep the hair off so they really needed a hosing off!
              What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

I must say this thread should be up for "Best thread title" award!! Lmao maybe I'm just giggly tonight but I found it super entertaining and it continued on in to the first sentence hahaha. Ooh and yes, I clean my jugs as well ...all the time

Comment

Yes, every single time I use them, they get washed and dried. No hair is going in my shampoo.

Comment

I always clean my Jugs

I hose my jugs off that are next to th tub everyday...just can't stand hairy jugs lol

no seriously the hair goop drives me nuts...
                    "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
                    and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
                    www.wagmoresalon.com

Comment

The first step in my end-of-the-day clean-up routine is to HV everything that can collect a layer of hair on it, then vacuum.

It might not be the perfect system but it keeps the fuzz bunnies under control.

Comment

Not only do I clean my jugs I wipe my squirters. They are the two pumps that squirt my shampoo because they get gunky. I also wipe my knobs - they put my BB and dryer on. lol
                        I think it's the combination of hair and moisture. Everything sticks to it.
                        www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                        http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Hairy jugs drive me nuts also. I recently decided to keep my jugs covered covered when I blow large dogs _ I place a towel over them and that keeps them nice and clean.

Comment

Nope not just you I keep mine clean and dry away from the tub though.But every morning when I fill my shampoo bottles they are soaked in a sink of warm water so all my shampoos for the day are warm and the bottles are clean.

Comment

ROFLMAO! I am glad someone said it before me....I only WISH they were a size to be considered jugs....

Tee hee.

I honestly have nothing to even offer by posting here, I do not pre-mix my shampoo. If I did, I most definately would clean the containers, be they jugs or bottles, out daily.

Comment

Working...
                              X