Possibly taking in a dog or two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly taking in a dog or two

So there are these ads on kijiji for two dogs. Meanwhile they are looking for a border collie puppy (they have a big backyard so it's a perfect match! Squeel! *read sarcasm*)

Anyhow, the two dogs in question are a 9 and 10 yr old pair of shih tzu/poodles. They are nippy (naturally), but Im willing to work on it. The reason I want to take them in and give them a chance is due to the pictures. The background is pure garbage heaps. I mean if you dont even make an effort for the pictures, come one!

Anyhow, I plan on rehoming them. Once I figure out what would be best as it seems they will be given to anyone. I have done this before.

Anyone want to give any advice. Be blunt, I can take it. Im actually not sure if I should take both, and if only one, then which one?

If time, money,energy allow then take them both, just be prepared to seperate them to work on them bonding with a human instead of each other, probably been in the garbage and not socialized.
    ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

If you've done it before and you have the resource go for it. I think it would be great if you can take both, but if can only take one, that's still great! B/c of their age and behavioral issues, you may have some trouble rehoming them, so be prepared.

Comment

If the dogs have been together a long time, take both. How could you take just one out of that cruddy environment, drive off with it and leave the other behind by itself, sitting in garbage? I couldn't do that in a million years, saving one and not the other.

Two small dogs that size, accustomed to being together for company, won't be any more work than one.

Comment

My only concern would be potential medical issues - especially coming from that environment. What if they are both heartworm+ and need to go through over 1k of heartworm treatment?

Comment

shi-tzu

Best of luck to you! We need more people like you!

Comment

Working...
            X