Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriously, do you ever stop doing this????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously, do you ever stop doing this????

I just ordered a pair of kamisori shears that I tried at a show on the weekend.........but tell me, do you ever stop DROPPING your shears?? Man, I've dropped shears/thinners more than enough times, and does it ever halt??? I really don't want to drop my new shears!!! This is something I figured would cease with experience, but I'll tell ya, I dropped my shears just after having them sharpened, and going into the Christmas rush............arrg, I was so mad at myself!!!

oops...

I have been doing this for 4 years still drop them. Can't seem to stop lol good luck!

Comment

knock on wood... I've only ever dropped my shears once in 6 years. and that was when they fell out of my pocket in the check-out line at the grocer.

Comment

I drop everything. Brushes, scissors, combs, clippers, etc. I even have tape on my cell phone so that the battery does not dislodge when I drop it. I try to keep my scissors over the table so they only go so far. Personally, I just don't buy equipment that is super expensive.

Comment

I bought a little thing at Hershey called the Tool Saver. Its designed for clippers, but the woman at the booth showed me a way to use it for shears, and so far I haven't dropped any while I've been using them. Although other than never setting them on my table, I haven't avoided dropping them entirely

Comment

ha. I stop dropping mine. Right after I drop them once and they stop cutting nice. I Never drop them again until the day after they are sharpened again.

Comment

I'm soooooo glad to know I'm not the only butter fingers............to be honest, I've dropped just about everthing but a dog.............man o man, it darn near makes me cry to think of the damage I've done to my equiptment and tools..........

Comment

I never drop my shears cause I put them in my wire holder at the end of my table, but sometimes they slip through the end hole in the basket and can fall through, I try to be very careful not to put them in too close the the sides of the basket.

Comment

PS. Now when it comes to my slicker brush I drop it all the time.
                  I counted 14 times in ONE day!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SwissNChow View Post
                    I drop everything. Brushes, scissors, combs, clippers, etc. I even have tape on my cell phone so that the battery does not dislodge when I drop it.
                    Sounds like me, lol.
                    I drop my cell phone more times a day than I can count. It just JUMPS out of my hands.

Comment

seven years here and still drop them. Most of the time they are like new after sharpening and adjusting.
                      If you are worried maybe you could use that loop advertised in Pet Edge that prevents you from dropping your clippers.

Comment

you know you have made a good choice in shears, if you drop them frequently and they still work for you.. yep it happens

Comment

For me its always when I am down to my last sharp pair of (take your pick) and thats the ones I drop. I could send 5 pair of curves in and not have to send any of the straights. That is till the box is shipped. That day I am sure to drop any and all straights I have left.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie_Gal View Post
                            I just ordered a pair of kamisori shears that I tried at a show on the weekend.........but tell me, do you ever stop DROPPING your shears?? Man, I've dropped shears/thinners more than enough times, and does it ever halt??? I really don't want to drop my new shears!!! This is something I figured would cease with experience, but I'll tell ya, I dropped my shears just after having them sharpened, and going into the Christmas rush............arrg, I was so mad at myself!!!
                            >>>>>>>>>

I HATE dropping shears, and it do it all the time. And I swear everytime I do it too.

Comment

Me, too!

In fact, the last time I dropped mine, my sharpening guy was standing right there! I could have died! I got the long lecture about it. I do have a rubber mat under my table and when they actually hit it, they are good!

Comment

Working...
                              X