Need help from those who show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help from those who show

Any advice on getting a nose that should be black but is turning brown to go back to black?

Should I guys???? Should I?? Nahhhh. Trust me Jersey....you don't want my "method" unless you have a Chow.

What breed of dog are you talking about?

I have a Sibe w/ a pink spot on her nose, really pink. Pink pig pink. One thing that has helped is a kelp tablet every day. It's sort of a brownish-duller pink now.
    Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Feeding from a stainless steel dish instead of plastic; store feed in a metal can, not in plastic.
      Add Seaweed to the feed.
      YOu can dye the nose,but if it is naturally light you are simply perpetuating a fault.
      Deidre

Comment

Are you taking about "snow nose"? If so, sunlight, several hours a day, will darken it back up. WOrks great for poodles skin too.
        <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Are you talking a snow nose here?

If you are, it should darken naturally when the days get longer and the dog can get out in sunlight more.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Sibes View Post
            Should I guys???? Should I??
            Yes! We could compare the results.

Comment

sun! & de nose nos ... although not really allowed, I'd say the majority of dogs in my breed sport it regularly @ shows

Comment

Originally posted by 4Sibes View Post
                Should I guys???? Should I?? Nahhhh. Trust me Jersey....you don't want my "method" unless you have a Chow.

Lol sure you should, we share all our grooming secrets here! Teehee

Comment

Make sure you are using SS feed and water dishes. When the days get longer and the sun rays stronger it will help, but in the meantime give powdered Kelp. Nature's Farmacy carries it and just dose according to the label. My make terv.'s lips turned pink (and I do mean pink)and his nose started getting pink spots (not winter nose) about this time last year. I started giving him Kelp and within a few months his nose was solid black and his lips are almost filled in again. The kelp is very inexpensive and good for many conditions, so I just put all three of my dogs on it.
                  Lisa VanVleet, RVT

Comment

2 step from cherrybrook...de nose nose. Nose dye...get over it we all do it

or you can stand on your head feed from a metal dish and spit green pea soup from your nose....Nothing else will work.

Comment

1 kelp tablet a day for about a month, maybe less, and you'll notice a big difference. That and sunlight is all you can do unless you want to use the nose black stuff bug some judges frown on that, obviously.

Comment

I remember

walking into a vendor booth at a show and three people sort of bent over a dog sort of hiding it. The dog licked it's nose while someone was applying Da Nose and it had a spotch of black on it's tongue. Don't know what they did.

I have mixed feelings about that. One should breed better dogs for sure. But if the dog is a glorious example in other ways then it's hard to not want to enhance a bit. Also if the rest of the line has, say in this case, dark noses then you most likely are not perpetuating light noses. Or is you wish to show just for fun only, well, have fun.
                        Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

My Bull Terrier got smacked by a cat and had a scratch on her nose. It turned bright, "pink pig pink" (thanks for that one, Sibes). Bully's make look a bit like pigs, but they don't need pink noses like a pig.

I covered it with black laundry marker until it got back to being black on it's own.

Personally, I think it's silly not to show or breed a dog that is otherwise exceptional, but has a cosmetic fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
                            My Bull Terrier got smacked by a cat and had a scratch on her nose. It turned bright, "pink pig pink" (thanks for that one, Sibes). Bully's make look a bit like pigs, but they don't need pink noses like a pig.

I covered it with black laundry marker until it got back to being black on it's own.

Personally, I think it's silly not to show or breed a dog that is otherwise exceptional, but has a cosmetic fault.

The problem is if it’s between two exceptional dogs. It can become the deciding factor in a show. For me I like the cosmetic faults that dogs sometime have but then again I don’t show dogs.
                            Jersey- I just wouldn’t do what sibs did. LOL Do you happen to know how to get white fur to back to white fur when it’s turned pink from product.

Comment

Thank you for the advice. I do feed from stainless steel bowls. Some of you mentioned snow nose and I'm guessing you mean it is something that will happen in the winter. Saying that, her nose was black in the summer and turned this winter so I'm guessing that it will get darker once we see the sun again. I will try the kelp and see if that works.

Comment

Working...
                              X