Congrats Jamaica and Taker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats Jamaica and Taker!

Great big congrats to my friends and their two Boykins, Jamaica and Taker. Five shows and five majors each makes them the first two AKC Ch. Boykin Spaniels! Just wanted to give a shout out. I think we are going to be seeing many more of these in our salons in the near future.

Congratulations to them!THey have worked hard on this breed to make it more true and more available I know. BUT I honestly hope that if we DO start seeing more of them (even though I do not know how that is possible here in the South) they have better temperaments than the ones I do now, and tere are tons of them let me tell you! I do between 5 and ten a week on average and many of them would just as soon take your face off as look at ya!
    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Congrats to your friend! As you know I groom a Boykin Spaniel, have been grooming her for about 4 years and I compete with her. She is one of the best dogs I groom by far! I have considered one for my next dog, too bad I will have to wait a while because 4 is enough for me right now!
      What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
        I do between 5 and ten a week on average and many of them would just as soon take your face off as look at ya!
        Wow, I know there are personality traits with every breed, but I have only met one that tried to bite so far, and he had just had surgery. I dont know Taker very well, but Jamaica is a sweetie. I do not have any that come in my salon, but I know they are very more concentrated in different areas. I guess they have lines like any "spaniel" or any breed for that matter, that can be a problem. Sorry those lines are in your area because they are great dogs.

Comment

have groomed tons of boykins; had a girl bring in her oversized cocker the other day (large black cocker) and insisted he was a boykin. Fine by me, B oykins are 10 more than cockers. (she spelled it Boycain on the groom card).
          Deidre

Comment

Does she have pictures on a website anywhere? I would love to see pictures of them.
            "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

First two

That is quick. Congratulations.

From what I've read there are two "types". One is the original and is just super sweet. If I remember correctly the other is known to be a bit bigger/lankier? and commonly has a poor temperament. I hope that only the good ones get shown and bred. I also wish for peace on earth.
              Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrooh View Post
                That is quick. Congratulations.

From what I've read there are two "types". One is the original and is just super sweet. If I remember correctly the other is known to be a bit bigger/lankier? and commonly has a poor temperament. I hope that only the good ones get shown and bred. I also wish for peace on earth.
                Ya know, those DO tend to be the ones I have issues with and they are the most common around here. I can think of two or three that I love to see come in and the rest, well, we have our guard up. One family in particular, have three of them, and all three will eat you if you are not careful. GH all the way all the time. ZThe ones we have the least amount of problem with are the smaller, straighter haired ones. the curly "tall" ones are the problem children.

I still think its great they are showing and doing well. It will MAYBE Be better for the breed.
                <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X