OT Netbook?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Netbook?

Does anyone own a netbook? Do you like it? What are the pros and cons? Is the speed pretty decent? Have you run into problems not having the cd rom drive? Have you loaded any software onto it and was that a problem without a cd rom drive?

Thanks!

Spikey got one for Christmas I think I read.....

Scott

Comment

Mine is as SLOW as molasses. What a pita.
      "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
      People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Hi Marlene,

Yep, I got one for Christmas. I love it, but it's true, it's slower than the other computer I was using. I wouldn't say it's as slow as molasses, but I'd say it's as slow as melted ice cream!

Tammy in Utah
        Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I have a netbook, love how small and portable it is. It was awesome when I first got it but it's been slowing down over the last year or so. Not having a CD drive does have its down sides but you can buy an external disk drive. Theres not a lot of storage on the netbook so you cant install much.
          My hubby just bought a notebook and after using it I realize how slow my poor netbook is. I feel like a traitor but I'm going to be retiring my netbook soon and getting a notebook.

Comment

My husband has a Netbook and he really likes it but the only thing he uses it for is to take on the road every weekend to check orders or emails. It's perfect for what he needs it for and it's so much lighter and easier to handle than his notebook. It's not something I like so much because it is small and I have those old lady eyes and I am still in the stone age and like my big old desktop. Sometimes I use the notebook but rarely the netbook. I think it's probably pretty good it just depends on what you need it for.
            ~*~Robin~*~
            "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Comment

We have one here and its not slow. I had the computer geeks aka my sons install windows on it and it works fine. The small screen can be annoyin on some sites. I usually use it in the car while travelling so I dont have to know that my partner is too close to the car in front!!!

Comment

I forgot to mention no disk drive.
                "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Working...
                X