Poodle Pedigrees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poodle Pedigrees

Interested in all the other Std poo owners and what lines your dogs have in them? When I got my Dodger many years ago he came with a 3 generation pedigree, not too remarkable but I found and contacted Dr Armstrong (RIP) who sent me a 8 genraton pedigree on him and that was an eye opener! He had a lot of very famous dogs in his pedigree. Well I eventuall ythru stud books was able to trace his pedigree back many generations (32) in some areas to the very first registered Std Poos. It was a very fun thing and I sure learned a lot. It'd be nice if people could post a pic of their guy and what lines are in them that you know of.

That sounds so cool! Check out http://poodlepedigree.com/

Comment

Not bad.. I did it the hard way before anyone had an available database..LOL using the old stud books which was nice as I had a visual of each dog.

Comment

Where do you get studbooks?

Comment

No Poos here...but pawvillage.com can be fun too.
          Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Yes, it is all in the Std poodle data base, you can also purchase the books from PCA.

Comment

So is anyone going to post their dog's pedigree? I don't have one yet, but I'm hoping to get my STP this year. I would have a blast looking at the pedigrees.

Comment

I can post his but I think it will be a real big post if I did. I could email it to anyone interested unless theres a place we can upload files?

Comment

pedigree

Mine have dassin,palmares,wycliffe,dacun,and one other popular one that is mainly browns. I have pictures under the grom section I will try to post some pictures

Comment

My oldies have Dassin and Wycliffe, and my younger ones are Degana and Avatar, and Degana, Refinne, and Lemerle.

Comment

my baby

My boy is my avatar sorry I have his line some where but haven't gotten that detailed. Though I'm pretty sure he's part duck (for his love of rain) and part billie goat (for his ability to eat anything) lol I may look into it someday but sorry nothing right now....
                      "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
                      and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
                      www.wagmoresalon.com

Comment

Joker (avatar) has from his mother Unique & AleKai, his Dad had Leatherstocking, Torbec, Cabryn,ShangriLa, Takalon and in the 5 th generation on he has a lot of the greats Bel Tor, Vulcan, Wycliffe, Springett, Puttencove-in fact he has almost all the different lines in him.Over the 8 generations he was inbred at only a little over 1.2%

Comment

I've attached Dodger's pedigree fro any who want to take a looksee had to figure out how to convert it!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Interesting pedigree. Boy are there ever names out of the past, some of the old bloodlines.

Bel Tor was Becky Mason. She went on to be a beloved judge of poodles. She was one of the reasons that in the breed standard that corded poodles are allowed in the show ring. Becky didn't want the corded coat dropped out of the revision of the standard.

I was at PCA the year she judged Standards and she was in for a surprize when Ch. Hasting's Ten walked into the ring in full beautiful cords. The dog was gorgeous!The spectators went wild with excitement, the first poodle, any variety, to be shown in the States corded in 50 years.

Some of the old lines are actually English. You have a lot of English breeding behind your dog, way back.

Comment

I dont know much about poodle pedigrees, but Rex has some of the names you all have listed in his. Lamerle, Wycliffe, Anmoare are some of them.
                              What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

Working...
                              X