New Pics on my egroomer page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pics on my egroomer page

I uploaded some new pics of the dogs from my 3rd and 4th month of grooming on my e-groomer page.
    I took the All About Dog Grooming Course through the mail, and these are some of my dogs that I have done lately. I started the course in September, and got my certificate in November. Still have a lot to learn, but I am improving...take a look and see if you notice anything that really stands out as being bad ( I know my drying skills are not good and am working on it) and getting a real dryer hopefully soon!
    Lisa
    AKA Gluergirl
    AKA LIttle_Critters on egroomer pages

Hi. I tried to look you up by scrolling through the members list,and the photos,but I couldn't find them. Is there a direct way to access a members page? I can only do this if I click on a friends name,or commenting on a picture. If you would like to send me a friendship request,I could figure it out from there?
    "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
    Quote:Cath

Comment

Originally posted by Poodleluv View Post
      Hi. I tried to look you up by scrolling through the members list,and the photos,but I couldn't find them. Is there a direct way to access a members page? I can only do this if I click on a friends name,or commenting on a picture. If you would like to send me a friendship request,I could figure it out from there?
      Sorry, I forgot to mention my E-Gromer name is also Poodleluv,occassionally known as Cath

Comment

checked your page and didn't see any new photos.. ? try again maybe?

Comment

what is Egroomer and how can I find it? can you just post a link ?

Comment

photo's link

Hi, sorry, I guess it took awhile for the moderators to approve the photos..here is the link, hope this helps you see them
            http://www.petgroomerforums.com/chat...hp?albumid=437

Thanks to all who want to look, most are shave downs, but you'll see why when you look at some of the dogs, and the rest were owner requests, and I have to do what they tell me too!

Lisa

Comment

Originally posted by Jadenlea View Post
              what is Egroomer and how can I find it? can you just post a link ?
              it's like facebook for groomers.. look to the left of the page in pink & purple there it says eGroomer 3000+ photos..etc.. click that and sign up!

Comment

Wow those are all major changes. They all look gorgeous in their afters. Great job.

Comment

cool Ill try it out.. facebook for me, facebook for the new business now facebook for groomers! sheesh

Comment

About the pictures. Holy **** Congrats on not slicing Harley and chucky to ribbons. Are these shelter dogs? If not those owners should be ashamed of themselfs. Good work.

Love the face on that schnauzer. His expression made me laugh.

Comment

Holy cow! Are you the first groomer that has landed on PEI? You sure had your work cut out for you. I think you did a great job...considering what you had to work with.

Now's the time to try and get some of these guys on a more regular schedule. You can still keep the owners happy with "short but cute face and tail"...but it'll be more fun for you and better practice if you don't have to deal w/ Ewoks every single time.

Do you have a good pair of shears? Some of the faces look like they could use just a tiny bit of tweaking in the "evening out" department. That typically comes with more practice, but a good pair of shears (after you get your much needed dryer) makes the job alot easier.

All in all...I think you did very well. Those guys must feel rather liberated.
                      Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Thank you all for taking a look! I really appreciate it, and I'm happy to hear that you think I am doing alright so far. I actually have a very nice groomer that I met on here that is coming for a visit soon, so I will ask her about the faces and maybe she can show me a trick or two! I don't have decent shears or thinners, but I do have some not so decent ones and I think it's just that I don't know how to use the thinners properly or where and when to use them. So I will ask her for some tips on that!
                        As for the dogs and the condition of them, no I am not the only groomer here on the Island, but some of the others are not accepting new clients, some are far away, and others you have to book 8 weeks in advance, or they only work Monday to Friday. Around here there are a lot of people who work shift work, or weekends and they just can't book an appointment that far in advance.
                        I have spoken to some of the clients about their dogs and how regular grooming has health benefits, and how much better the dog will look and feel and smell! They do love their pets, but just weren't sure where to get them groomed when they couldn't get in anywhere else.

Word is starting to spread about me, and I am hearing good things, and getting calls, so I am pleased. I work on weekends and arrange my days off on weekdays, I start some days in the afternoon and groom till 10 pm, other days I start at 8am and work till 3 or 4pm so everyone can get a chance to get in no matter what hours or days they work, and they are so happy about that, some can't believe that I work on Sundays, but it is a popular day for me, as a lot of people only have that day off each week, so I get those dogs!

I know my drying needs to get better and I am ordering my dryer in about 6 weeks, maybe sooner but I am working on it now with the dryer I have and trying to get the hair straighter! After the dryer I'll pick up some sheers and a few other small things, then in August, I hope to be bringing home a very nice grooming table from Ontario...a hydraulic!!!

I still have so much to learn and try, but I am very excited about all of it! Even the really badly matted dogs make my days go great, because I know I am making them feel better and when I am done with them, I feel a sense of accomplishment and that I did something to make that dogs life a little bit more comfortable, and after all, that is why I decided to become a groomer, so I can make a difference and help some dogs and be happy with my job, and right now, I honestly couldn't be any happier!

Once again, thanks to all !
                        Lisa
                        AKA Gluergirl / Little_Critters on e-groomer pages

Comment

O.K. and Sibes you tech no genius, I'm a member, I even get some emails to my personal email. SORRY STILL DON'T GET THE EPAGE [email protected]#%^&*(^ &%*I!!!!!$%%^%$^!!!!
                          Even got an invite today on my shop email? HUHHHH HUH?
                          Still dont get it unless its about posting a bunch of picturs that you don't need to shrink? That I did, but chat room? Talk? HUH? I must be missing something big time!
                          Still don't eben know why??????????????
                          Epagges???
                          Am I The Only one???

Comment

Wow! Nice work for how long you have been grooming. You remind me of myself when I wanted to learn. Nothing could stop me! Not isolated area,2 1/2 hour drive over logging mountain roads to go to a 1 hour handling class. (can we say crazy LOL) With determination like yours,and the help availbale here,you are doing great,and will just continue to move forward!

Comment

Working...
                            X