How to reactivate old clients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to reactivate old clients

I've gone through my files and moved out the clients I haven't seen in at least a year.
    I've had three of them call me and schedule an appointment! Two of them had the same dog and the other had a new dog.
    Guess I should have done this sooner! LOL
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

[QUOTE=Pixie;381781]I've gone through my files and moved out the clients I haven't seen in at least a year."

What do you mean by 'moved out'. Did you mail them or call them? I'm glad it worked out and got a few back!

Comment

Good idea Pixie
      I'll be sending those I haven't seen in a while a flyer also letting them know about the change of location and staff in hopes that I get a few back.

Congrat's on the regaining the lost clients
      ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
      Apparently common sense isn't all that common
      *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

Talking about them works too! "Ya know, we haven't seen (insert name of a PITA client here) in a long time" and sure nuf they will call the next day if not sooner!
        <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I have two files now

Old and regular and new 2010 ones. I sent a few letters offering a one time $10 off til Feb. So far one called back who lost her job last year and is still out of work, but has a husband working. I think I will make up form the lost clients with the new ones the groomer I mentioned gave up due to moving out of the area. She is said to have had some 100 clients in one community. If they all call and agree to my prices, I will have a good year. Between mine and hers I am already getting very booked.

Pixie, I am scratching my head. WHY would anyone NOT have you as their groomer? Seriously. You are so good at what you do, aren't expensive, take photos, good to the dogs,...whats' not to like?

Comment

Funny things happen when you read thread titles

How do you reactivate clients? Hmmm...

A cardiac defibullator?
            A well placed cattle prod?
            A call to Dr. Frankenstein for a consult? (the client, it's ALIVE)

Strange things happen when you read GroomerTalk in the wee small hours.
            "With God's help, all things are possible!"
            Laura Lee Ray
            I am kats_melody on eGroomer. Follow my Twitter tweets - @ZOOMGROOM on Twitter.com

Comment

How to reactivate?

Hummmmm, maybe make em' an offer they can't refuse. Tell them Tony Soprano is your cousin. he he

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
                Talking about them works too! "Ya know, we haven't seen (insert name of a PITA client here) in a long time" and sure nuf they will call the next day if not sooner!

OMG...that is sooooo true...lol

Comment

OMG Pixie, this works for me, too. Swear it! Every few months I go through my files and move clients I haven't seen in a really long time to an 'inactive file'. Sometimes it has been close to a year, other times they were regulars that dropped off and I haven't seen in 6 months. Then, suddenly they call. It is so true in fact, as I am going through the cards and purposely focus on certain ones praying that they WON'T call because I really do not enjoy grooming their dog : )

Comment

the place where I work has been open since the end of Feb; they have huge card files including many that come once and never came back, and many many cards that were never filled in as to date, service, cost, etc.
                    I went thru the files and pulled out two drawers almost from the four drawers of the files; blank cards, and cards that were not dated after July or so. They are printing up reminder postcards for us to send to these, but every day or so someone comes i n that is in the inactive file; At the last clinic where I worked, every three months we would comb the files, and I would give the recept a bunch t o send out cards too; it was surprising how many came in . the surprising part was how many would come in before we mailed the cards out.
                    A vet I used to use was combing his card files one day when I walked in. Doing some filing I asked?, Nope, focusing on clients I want to see come in; it is amazing how many show up after you concentrate on their client card.
                    Deidre

Comment

As someone who worked in reception for many years as well as some grooming, we ALWAYS called and asked how pet owners liked they last services and if it had been awhile why they had not returned. I was taught not to fear what customers or clients had to say and to resolve issues, and we did. No it wasn't easy at first, and some new receptionists were fearful to make such calls, and then I realized that I was great to be doing this, that's service excellence.

A life lived in fear is a life half lived, and that is true in business too.

I know this was part of my parent's magic in growing one of the world's largest businesses. We cared what they thought, we maintained our confidence, we listened, we resolved if necessary and most often, there was nothing wrong with our services anyway. That we cared brought them back and bonded them to us and we never discounted but kept our fees reasonable when compared to other businesses.
                      Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

[QUOTE=Admin;381953]As someone who worked in reception for many years as well as some grooming, we ALWAYS called and asked how pet owners liked they last services and if it had been awhile why they had not returned. I was taught not to fear what customers or clients had to say and to resolve issues, and we did. No it wasn't easy at first, and some new receptionists were fearful to make such calls, and then I realized that I was great to be doing this, that's service excellence.

Maybe it is just me, but I kind of disagree w/this. I am immediately turned off when I get a "call back" from a business inquiring how I liked the service. It makes me feel defensive and "put on the spot".

If I am happy w/a business I will do return business and also compliment them. If I am unhappy I will either let them know so they can try to resolve the issue, give them another chance w/out saying anything or simply take my business elsewhere.

A intrusive phone call would pretty much ensure that I would not go back even if I had been happy.

I realize that you have had good feedback w/the phone calls, but thought I would share from a different perspective ;-)

I am much more agreeable to getting a "we miss you" post card and have had good results w/using them instead of calling clients.
                        SheilaB from SC

Comment

It could be but it depends upon the script. If the narrative sounds instrusive it will come across that way. My voice was not like a telemarketer, and we had taken care of a beloved pet, and you do know the pet's name and theirs, etc. It's all in how you make the call for most clients, the tone, the words, the sincerity. So yes, some may see it that way, but those type of people are few in my experience. Few grooming employees though could make the calls. That's another story. A surprising number of groomers are not very effective at making calls and front counter service to the quality of a professional receptionist who is aware of their TONE, their choice of words, knowing when to pause and listen, and really impotant, ENUNCIATION.

http://plays.about.com/od/actvities/a/enunciation.htm

It does make a huge difference. We had scripts to learn and practiced and practiced so it didn't sound like we were reading them, and were evaluated on TONE etc. Again, FEAR of making calls was the biggest problem and you could hear it in the caller, or the attitude I am being told to make this call and I don't really want to. Well, that won't work.

So sure some will react in an undesired way, but that's only some. It would be different if we were making cold calls telemarketing, but we viewed them as CLIENTS we knew, and we did know them. I had to know thousands of first and last names and their pet names and we knew a lot about them...it really was an extraordinary business and demeanor that works and I still have 3,000 groomers I call occasionally that use our consultation, and if I haven't heard from them, we call and see how they are. My attitude is that I am going to show I care, listen, make their day, give'm a smile, and for the large majority it works.

In the end though, without making a call we don't find out about problems that need to be resolved. We may, some getting a card might call and it's worth a try. Others may be bothered and just throw the card away, and so we couldn't resolve a problem, or discover the pet had passed or is sick or the family is in crisis, etc. That information allowed us to take steps to help them, acknowledge, drawing us closer to our clientele and service goals.

To clarify, we did send postcards as we state in From Problems to Profits, but when they didn't respond to them, that's when we called.
                          Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

[QUOTE=asegroomer;381794]
                            Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                            I've gone through my files and moved out the clients I haven't seen in at least a year."

What do you mean by 'moved out'. Did you mail them or call them? I'm glad it worked out and got a few back!
                            Took their file from the active file and just put it in a file that is inactive. I also have a file for the pets that have gone to rainbow bridge.
                            I didn't call or mail them.
                            Maybe in a couple of years if I haven't seen or heard from them (and if I'm still grooming) I may put their file in the trash can!!!
                            Diane

Comment

Originally posted by Jenneversage64 View Post
                              Pixie, I am scratching my head. WHY would anyone NOT have you as their groomer? Seriously. You are so good at what you do, aren't expensive, take photos, good to the dogs,...whats' not to like?
                              That's so nice of you to say.
                              Maybe I should send you my inactive file and have you make the calls/mail for me and tell them what they are missing by not coming to me!! LOL
                              Diane

Comment

Working...
                              X