Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dont they know January is sposta be slow?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont they know January is sposta be slow?????

I have been CRAZY busy the last 2 weeks. I am not complaining about the business, but I must admit that I was looking forward to a little slow down to do some deep cleaning and paperwork that I need to catch up on, but they are not letting me! I keep thinking I need to take the business while it is there, but I have ended up doing 12 hr days all this week and the 3 days I worked last week too. (Bama Blizzard cut my week short last week) This has been an wierd January so far. Anyone else unusually busy right now? Is the economy rebounding or what? I think they are trying to kill me! lol

I have been busy, but 95% of my clients pre-book 4-6weeks all year long.
    Lisa VanVleet, RVT

Comment

We've been really busy the past couple weeks as well. The few weeks before christmas I kept telling my fiance we needed to make sure we budgeted our money because Jan was going to be slow...but NOPE, we've been full everyday. There were a couple days between christmas and new years that were a little slow...but other than that we've been BUSY. I'm not complaining either, but I was also looking forward to a few slow weeks before the summer shave down season started. Down here in TX people start bringing their dogs in for summer shave downs around the end of feb.

Comment

yep...

I was just telling my hubby last night that compared to last year at this time, we are swamped! I love it and I thank God for it. Our boarding is even making some $$$ during this off season time. I also am getting a lot of photo orders, too!

Comment

picking right back up

but even though I've run my shop for two years growing and staying busy I still worry and think it could be like bowling, beginner's luck.

Comment

I am not crazy busy like before the holidays but very steady, my days are full. I too was hoping for a little "slow time' so I could finish my half done retail space and do some minor updating. Guess it will have to wait....

Comment

I'm busier now than I was a month ago. But, the groomer who owns the shop up the road is on sick leave for 2 months, so they have been sending me their clients. Def. not complaining! It's awesome to be friends with nearby groomers!

Comment

Tickle me pink but I'm busy too and I just opened my new shop! I did have a following from home business, but was a little worried about january and february, as is usually slow time here. I keep getting a very steady stream of new customers, very bery happy. I also work hard on rebooking clients. I always have some business because my home following are always prebooked, but at this rate I think I'll be hiring my first ever bather soon!
                Hope it's a sign economy is picking up. Here in south florida we were hit hard. Thank goodness for dog grooming!

Comment

I hear you, I expected some rest and slow times after christmas but It seems like we are as busy if not busier than before holidays.

Comment

I am going to have to hire a groomer or another bather.....one or the two if this continues because honestly, I cannot keep up with the pae I am working right now. We are still as swamped as I let us be. Glad to be in good company!
                    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I was slow last week, but it's been super cold here. As soon as it warmed up, the phone has been ringing off the hook. I'm booking February for those callers who haven't already prebooked

Big M, I always worry when the phone stops ringing! My hubby tells me to "cut it out" and "enjoy the slow times" but it's hard not to worry. I'm a worry wart by nature, lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X