Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally found a flea in Utah...

and it was on ICON!

I could have DIED! We don't know where it came from, but I've got Revolution and he's gettin' it tonight.

The cleanest dog in town.... :: shaking head ::

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Have you been to a dogpark?? I took little Tater to the local dogpark, a week later he had fleas,, plus he was attacked,, not planning on going back!

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
      We don't know where it came from
      LMBO! Did he get matted when he scratched it for the whole 5 min. it was on him too?

Comment

RudyRoo

There are no fleas in Utah! When I use to groom in Sandy, UT I remember the first time one of my co-workers saw a flea. She flipped out. She didn't know what it was and was freaking out. I was dying laughing. The dog belonged to a trucker so she got the fleas out of state somewhere...it was funny though. She was affraid to touch the dog the rest of the day.

Spikey...
        Sorry to hear that your baby got a flea. Must have had some contact with a dog that's been out of state.

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
          and it was on ICON!

I could have DIED! We don't know where it came from, but I've got Revolution and he's gettin' it tonight.

The cleanest dog in town.... :: shaking head ::

Tammy in Utah
          >>>

Hate to tell you this, he probably got it from a dog or cat from out of state at your clinic. I've seen a couple at PCVC. But they were on dogs that had recently moved from out of state.

Comment

What?!?!?

He must have picked it up from the clinic. I would have died!

I did see two fleas last summer, but I think both of them were dead and both dogs had either been to California or been in contact with a dog from out of state.

I'm itching just thinking about it! I HATE bugs! A month or so ago I looked at a ear mite under a microscope and I haven't recovered yet.
            "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

PTHHHPPP ! I will now know what to send for presents,FLEAS, flea dirt,(shaking head) you guys need some lil ole blood suckers in your life.Oh and ticks, I'll send ya'll some ticks too! roflmbo
              ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Why doesn't Utah have fleas? I think I would like to live there!

Comment

Originally posted by partipoomom View Post
                  Too dry (only Nevada is dryer than Utah) and too cold in the winter.
                  "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

I think it has something to do with the altitude as well. I'm not sure though.

Comment

Yes, that is what I miss about Winnipeg Spikey. Seeing a flea back there is a rare occurance,not like here,where they would take over the province if it wasn't for most of us responsible pet owners fighting back LOL. If you REALLY wanna get grossed out,look at the little vampire,under a magnifying glass or low xx on the microscope. EEEWWW they are hideous.
                      "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
                      Quote:Cath

Comment

Originally posted by partipoomom View Post
                        Originally posted by keyray View Post
                        Too dry (only Nevada is dryer than Utah) and too cold in the winter.
                        Don't Y'all make Jack Daniels there?
                        "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                        People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

No fleas in Utah?? Well, I'll be glad to send ya'll a care package once it warms up in SC,, we have them by the thousands,,,. Would you like a side of mosquitos with your fleas???
                          Hehehe

Comment

LOL! Rudy Roo, I was gonna laugh at the Utah ladies over getting the vapors about a flea but, thought it was mean. (just between us though, I am giggling to myself big time)
                            "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                            People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Originally posted by Smart-n-Pretty View Post
                              LOL! Rudy Roo, I was gonna laugh at the Utah ladies over getting the vapors about a flea but, thought it was mean. (just between us though, I am giggling to myself big time)
                              ha-ha, vapors! that is a good one! A side of tapeworm segments splattering allover the wall when you HV a dog with fleas and a big tape,gave my daughter the vapors. She couldn't HV the poor old Airdale who was so afflicted,she was pale as a sheet.
                              "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
                              Quote:Cath

Comment

Working...
                              X