decorating the pups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• decorating the pups

i was just wondering what are some of yalls favorite things to put on the dogs when their done. We do the bandanas, earring and bows with stuff glued on them . getting bored with those.

What are earings? I make collar covers,sew bells or whatever on them, right now the clients love em, next time maybe not. You're right about boring bows,bandanas, if you sew make them pop, along time ago I sewed gold braid to hundreds of bandanas, did iron on happy fill in holiday on bandanas, with logo and # ,running out of ideas too. someone!
    ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

I do neckties for the boys, collar flowers or bows for the girls. I'm always checking the dollar stores for good bow ribbon. I did some lovely poinsettia flowers for the Christmas season. I use cute buttons as the centres for the flowers sometimes. For Easter, last year, I made white flower (eggshells) and glued a tiny little fluffy Easter chick onto each one.
      Football season calls for football fabric for the ties and "cheerleader" pompoms for the girls.
      Fleece "scarves" that I cut, fringe and then fold over the collar and slide an elastic on to hold it in place, give it a little twist and Fluffy is ready for the cold weather.
      I've done collar covers but I find them a real pain to put on the collar, even using my hemostats.

Comment

I do feather boas and leis for the girls. I also crochet some cute scarves with the fancy yarns you can get these days and use those on the girls. Instead of cutting bandannas, you can just cut strips of fabric, about 2 inches wide, notch the ends, twist them a couple of times, and tie them around the neck, like a scarf, with a big bow. Only I don't tie them, LOL. I use a rubber band.

Bow ties for the boys. I tried a few times to do other ties, but I suck at tying a Windsor Knot, and the I don't like the way the ones you make to slip over the collar hang. I also worried about having them hang in the dog's water or food bowl.

I've done a few earrings; way cute, especially if the dog has a mohawk.

For anyone who's wondering... for earrings, go to a craft store and buy metal beads or crystals in various shapes (mine are little stars), and just glue them on with craft glue. You need to apply the glue to the bead a few minutes before you apply them, so the glue can get set and tacky. To remove them, just soak in water for a few minutes and they slide right off.

Comment

for earrings we get little rhinestones and use that skin glue and glue them on like beagle or yorkie ears and then they fall off on their own in about a week. its really cute. how do you make the collar flowers?? i bought these really cute ribbon poofy bows you would put on presents but never found a way to attach to the collar.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
            I do feather boas and leis for the girls. I also crochet some cute scarves with the fancy yarns you can get these days and use those on the girls. Instead of cutting bandannas, you can just cut strips of fabric, about 2 inches wide, notch the ends, twist them a couple of times, and tie them around the neck, like a scarf, with a big bow. Only I don't tie them, LOL. I use a rubber band.
            Helly, do you have any pictures you could share?

Comment

Working...
            X