Launguage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launguage?

What do we speak, lady calls wanting a price quote, I tell for $xx, you get a bath,nails ears, brush, Or clip. Lady oh she doesn't need a haircut how much? SOOOOOOOOO I tell her again. Guess I'll give prices that will shock thier socks off for a hair cut.Sheesh, how do you get them to understand a haircut OR a brush out , maybe need to work onmy diction. or just raise priceson hair cuts? No more worry about people thinking they aren't getting their moneys worth. Think I'll go study latin now.
    ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

I tell them the same pricing for a bath and brush or hair cut left no longer than 1/2 inch anything left longer than a #4 My longest blade(I don't own a #3 )will be subject to extra scissoring fee.Unless its a dual coated breed then they are charged extra for a hair cut as its not a breed standard(and I hate doing them).I do explain to them repeatedly although they are not getting a hair cut they are still getting a full groom

Comment

I'd give them a price range...between $xx and $xx. And when you get the inevitable question, "I can't give you an exact price without seeing the dog."

Comment

[QUOTE=Helly;380454]I'd give them a price range...between $xx and $xx. And when you get the inevitable question, "I can't give you an exact price without seeing the dog."[/QUOTE

This is the only way I quote prices!

Comment

I give a range too, and make sure to tell them its more for dematting but I cant give a price without seeing the dog. I love when people say they want thier dog "groomed" and then when I ask what exactly they want they say "You know a GROOM!" ..ok yes I know you want your dog groomed , I mean that IS my job, but do you want a hair cut or a bath/brush/trim. I need specifics or your getting whatever I feel like doing!

Comment

I say The basic grooming is brush out/deshed, nail trim, check the ears and anal glands, 2 shampoos creme rinse and blow dry and a sanitary clip. That will be in the $x-$x range. For that price I will also trim his bangs. If you want a full haircut like a summer clip or a Teddybear clip it will run $x-$x more.

Comment

I ask if they want a bath and tidy face feet and such or do they want the whole body clipped.. that usually clarifies it .If not I say a full groom is $xx and could be more or less depending on what we finally decide to do

Comment

Had a man bring 2 rough collies in today; had called yesterday and a cashier had given him a quote based on our posted prices, as groomers had gone home.
                He showed up for his appointment with two very matted rough collies; how much, he asked.
                I took him outside the grooming area and pointed to the poster. Oh, prices starting at:? he asked. OMG a client that can read.
                I was really worrying about quoting for dematting these two monsters as we have a lousy small HV and no good conditioner at this corporate shop, and no recirc bather.
                Do You want them brushed out, or clipped down short? I asked. Clipped down short, he responded; I pointed to the beginning price and added 5.00 each. They were easy peasy once we convinced them the grooming table was not going to rear up and throw them thru the big glass window. He was very happy when he picked them up. Who in the world gets their once a year collies shaved during a freezing cold spell in January, I wondered.
                Deidre

Comment

Working...
                X