Do people think I am that dumb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do people think I am that dumb?

Someone calls me to groom her dog. I used to groom the dog but she stopped calling about four or five years ago. I return her call and refer her to someone else in her area and she wants to be sure that THAT groomer is as good as I am.

Huh?

Where do we start? She hasn't used my services in five years and suddenly she is concerned about another groomer being as good as me?

Then the other refered groomer calls to tell me she whined about the prices THAT groomer was charging because I was so much cheaper (remember I haven't seen this client in nearly half a decade). So I guess the refered groomer should charge what I used to groom 5 years ago and be as good as I was.

talk to that groomer again find out what she charges her and charge her that + extra for being a better groomer lol

Comment

That's bizarre!!! What a nut!

Comment

I had someone do something similar. Only it had been about 18 months and they wanted to get in before Christmas. When I told her that I was completely booked but one of the other groomers wasn't, she started whining that she only wanted ME." I wanted to say, "So you can't get in where you've been going for the last year and a half." Of course I didn't say that.

I'm not sure what people are thinking.
        "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Maybe the ladies dog of 5 years ago died and she just recently got another one. That would explain the fact that she stopped calling. Another possibility is she moved out of the area and just returned.

Comment

Before I opened my shop I worked at a small shop in a chain store I had a women who loved the way I groomed her Bichon and Maltese. Well the store had a price increase and this lady went nuts said it wasn't worth it and that even though she liked me she would have to go else where. Fine nothing I can do. Well fast forward 2 years later I open my shop and six months into into it she calls wonders how much I charge now.. of course more than the other shop > She tells me how much she loved how I groomed her dogs and she'd be happy to use me whenever the cheaper groomer she's using can't get her in when she wants..

I tell her thanks and hang up so she calls the week of christmas to let me know that she will let me groom her dogs for the holiday pictures she get taken...( lucky me) I happily tell her I'm sorry I booked until after the new year.

Oh well you gotta love people.
            "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
            and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
            www.wagmoresalon.com

Comment

people lie, cheat and steal........

Comment

People don't think you are dumb....

They don't think you will notice how dumb they are! Or....they don't know how dumb they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenneversage64 View Post
                  They don't think you will notice how dumb they are! Or....they don't know how dumb they are.
                  >>>>

I've found over the years people do think I am dumb. I don't care as long as they are willing to pay me for doing what I love.

Comment

Working...
                  X