No announcement yet.

Groomer havind a serious PANIC attack!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groomer havind a serious PANIC attack!!

That seriously panicked groomer was ME!! I had my 2 standards out in my mobile today to do a good brush out, well you know how that goes I thought WTH why don't I go ahead and bathe and fluff one maybe both if time allows. So I got brave and had been wanting to try the Nair in the ear trick that I learned from this great board of ours. Well I put the Nair in the ear and proceeded to wash my DIRTY poodle. We were really lathered up and it was time to rinse the ears when LOW and BEHOLD my water pump goes out. Holy Smokes I am feeling full panic setting in. I have 2 standards (1 perfectly dry and 1 with Nair in her ears and sopping soapy wet) in my trailer and no water. Now my mind is racing and I snatch the one out of the tub and the other one too and start racing for the house. I'm screaming all the way for my husband to come help. NO he didn't hear me. I finally get into the house and toss soapy butt in the tub and get the Nair out of her ears. I just knew this was going to be some kind of disaster but it all worked out. I'm quite sure that my dogs thought I was crazy. Just had to share. BTW I will have to say that the Nair worked pretty good. Maybe if it hadn't been my first time trying it out I wouldn't have gotten so freaked out over this and PMS'ing too. Probably a little over the top. I think hubby thought he would have to call the white jackets to come and get me. OK that was 5 hours ago and I'm having a warm cup of coffee and waiting for the big 1" blizzard to hit. Hope it's not too bad because apparently I've got to purchase another water pump.
    ~*~Robin~*~
    "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

haha..

sorry... i'm not laughing at you, just picturing the whole situation...

I'd be too nervous to try nair on a clients' dog. What if they had a bad reaction... I know that stuff makes my legs red and tingly.

Glad it all worked out though.

Comment

LOL I can just see you racing to the house with a dripping wet poodle! I looked over at my poodle when I read this and was laughing my butt off, she looked at me like I was crazy, then I realized BOTH of your poodles are more then likley STILL looking at you with that same look on their faces. Hahahahahahaha! Sorry, but thanks for the laugh.

Comment

Eeeekkk! I so would have panicked.....I am glad it worked out for ya. Sorry about the water pump!
        Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
        Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

Comment

I tell you what the kicker is: My poor husband had no idea why I was in such a tizzy to get her rinsed. I wasn't about to tell him. He already thinks I do some nutty things. Well after making this thread I started giggling about it and finally told him. He said YOU DID WHAT??? He said he's pretty used to my crazy ideas.
          I will have to say I'm not sure I'm ready to try Nair on my clients but fortunately I don't have any right now that really needs that done. My 2 standards have the worst amount of hair in their ears of any dogs I have ever seen and plucking their ears are torture for them and for me. I think this might be a good alternative for them. I have been secretly harboring fears of having to take my poos to the vet to get ears cleaned. How embarrassing would that be?
          ~*~Robin~*~
          "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Comment

As long as your wet poodle didn't get icicles on the fur, all is good!

Comment

I've never tried the "nair thing in ears" and would like to hear from you in a couple of days to see if it worked and if any reactions. I have a standard also that I do not like to pluck ears as they are very sensitive. Glad everythings worked out for you and good luck with your water pump!

Comment

Next time get video! lol, Hope there is no next time, but the visual I got was great! Poor non groomers that have to live with us, hope the pump is easy quick fix.
                ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Working...
                X