my website before and after photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my website before and after photos

Hello all! I havent came on here very often in the last year or so! But now that i can get the rss feeds from this forum right to my blackberry, its much easier! I was just wondering if i could get everyones opinion on something. If you go to my website at www.dazzlingdoggiessalon.com and go to "photos"...i changed the first before and after photo to a photoshopped photo. I just took out the background. I was wondering if you think I should do all the before and after photos like that or if the ones with the background look better. The only thing i am afraid of with taking the background out is that people will know i used photoshop and think i made changes to the actual dog to make it look like i did a better job grooming it. I do NOT and will NOT change the dog itself in photoshop. I am not an expert groomer, i am still learning, but i want people to see the work i can do....whether they think its a good job or a bad job! Thanks ahead for all your input! I appreciate it!

It look cute like that but a little out of place. I think you should leave them how they are and if you want to get fancy add a border or soft edges.

Comment

I think the actual photos look better than the one you photo shopped.

Comment

I like to see the salon background better. I can't explain why, it just looks weird to see a dog hanging out in space like that, lol! Poor thing, it looks like you have to do a lot of shave downs too. I would get really bored of that after a while. Once you get some more pics of different haircut styles I would eliminate some of those shave down pics. If I were an uneducated customer I might think that was all you knew how to do because that is all I saw.
        I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
        -Michelangelo

Comment

great pics....

but I would use the ones with the background. the first ones look edited - I personally don't like that look. Also, a BIG pet peeve of mine...before you do the AFTER shots, please clean off the table! I know it's a small thing, but it detracts from the photos. When I see hair on the table and tools laying around, I wonder about the cleanliness and safety of the salon (what if my dog steps on the de-mat tool or on the shears, etc). I know this is JUST ME, but that's my suggestion. The pics look great and I like the site. Good job!

Comment

I think the full photo looks much nicer and the dogs are more easily seen in them as well. I like your site! Good job! Nice grooms- I especially like Tootsie and Little Bear! Very Nice!
            -Angela

Comment

I agree with Great Dane, I like the full photos better and you do need more of a variety other than shavedowns. This will enhance the overall look of your site and at the same time show others your overall grooming skills.

Comment

I vote

for leaving the background. I think they look better than the photoshopped ones.

Comment

I personally prefer the backgrounds on the photos. It gives you an idea of the look of the place. Definitely clean off the table before you take the picture, so it doesn't detract from the dog. I like your website. What a difference with that newfie! And Little Bear looked more like a Woolie Bear when you got him in. You do a nice job! Give yourself a pat on the back.

Comment

I like the photos with the backround better. The ones without the backround looked kind of like a blob but that could just be because the dog has a black head. LOL

I can never get black dogs to come out in photos!

Comment

If I was a potential customer I would be concerned about WHY you used Photoshop. I would also wonder if your were "neatening" up the groom. So I suggest putting the background back in. Then you won't have to worry about people questioning your work.
                      Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
                      Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

Comment

I like the backgrounds too. One hint - when photographing a black dog, try to get lighting from the front or side if you can, and turn off your flash. It really helps!

Comment

Here's another vote for the backgrounds......and clean table!
                          "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                          Diane

Comment

Thank you so much for all of your comments! I appreciate it! I guess I'll stick with the background! LOL. I know i should clean off the table before pics, its hard enough to even remember to take pics let alone clean off the table LOL. Eventually I will get a habit going of it though i'm sure. As for more pics other than shavedowns....well, unfortunately in my area pretty much all it is is shave downs, i don't get very many that aren't I don't mind that much because i like doing shavedowns, but it does get boring after a while....LOL. Thanks for the hint on the black dogs Alice, i will have to give that a try! Thanks for your encouragement groomingfool! I appreciate it! I know i'm not the best groomer in my area, but i think the fact that i am gentle with the dogs and have unlimited patience with them helps bring my customers back. I actually groomed an Irish Setter the other day for the first time ever....i was so nervous....the owner was very happy with it though so that makes me feel good! I am attempting to redo a lot of stuff on my website....sooooo time consuming, but thats ok.....i love doing it!

Comment

I don't know if this was mentioned but did you know there was a black line down the dogs leg on the first photo. BTW the site looks nice and professional, i would keep the background.

Comment

Working...
                              X