Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow January

Hi,
    Anybody else super slow after the holidays? I'm lucky some days if I even have one dog. I guess I need more house call dog to groom to make up for what dogs I'm not grooming now.
    K.

I have been grooming for the past 17 yrs and this is a normal thing for this business.There are several salons with the luck of staying busy but those are few and far between.it will pick up again

Comment

I'm very slow in my shop also I'm doing 2 dogs a day this week so far, my Saturday is looking better with 6 on the book but that will not pay the bills, it really stinks.

Comment

I am slower than normal but still have my regulars. I had 10 on Mon. 5 on Tues. and 6 today and only work the 3 days. It will pick up the next few weeks.

Comment

I'm shocked, my phone has been ringing a ton and I'm booked up the next couple weeks for myself. This week was slow but only because I chose to book people for next week and take a couple nights off. I even have a decent amount for my groomer next week, but when I worked in the salon in this area it was always February that was the worst, so we'll see.
          What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

I have great clients that all pre-book so I am full for the next six weeks. In fact over-booked so the clients re-scheduling because of the cold-snap are actually a good thing. However today we are getting a major snowstorm so I will probably have most of my clients cancel and will have to find somewhere on the books to put them (I am closed today). But I do remember a few years ago before everyone pre-booked and Jan. and Feb. used to be slower than the rest of the year.
            Lisa VanVleet, RVT

Comment

May grooming at the house as been pretty steady (for what I do there), and the salon I work at on Saturday has been slow they said. I didn't even work last Saturday.
              "No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin

Comment

I have been crazy busy. So busy that I really have no where to put everyone that I had to reschedule from today and Friday for weather. I have really been shocked. Usually it is slow but I have been slamed! Im kinda glad it snowed in Alabama couse I needed a break. Dont stress too bad, it will pick up soon for you if the normal trend holds true.

Comment

we slow a bit

We still fill up our days, but we are only booking about 2 days ahead right now, so if someone cancels we can't usually fill it. We are using those times to get our own dogs done though. hehe

Comment

slow

I took a suggestion last year & offered "Free" teeth brushing during Jan. for my clients that came in during Nov & Dec. I actually had the best Jan ever! Now this year I did not offer a special & guess what, I am slow.... Note to self: Plan to make special offer during Nov & dec for Jan. 2011.!! Tee-Hee!

Comment

It was a little slow last week but things are picking up right nicely here. And we've gotten a bunch of new clients from referrals from our old clients, bless their little hearts. Almost every call has been because so and so has just raved about the shop. After being in the business for so many years I can tell you a slow January is pretty normal. We've only been open about 14 months, so I'm pleased as punch to be as busy as we have been. Hang in there, it'll pick up soon!

Comment

Working...
                      X