I'm Baaaaaaaack!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Baaaaaaaack!!!!!!!

And I'm alive and still (basically) in one piece. Our little skiing trip was amazingly fun, though we were smart and saved the actual skiing part for the last day of the trip. I was rather crippled and sore yesterday and also today, but still alive and kicking!

Have any of you ever heard of Massanutten Ski Resort in Harrisonburg VA? That is where we were. I highly recommend it to anyone, even if you don't want to ski. They had a AWESOME indoor waterpark where we spent 2 days because it was to cold and windy for outdoor fun (rather ironic to spend the day at a waterpark instead of skiing cause of the cold...lol). They keep this place a nice 85 degrees at all times in the winter and it was almost as well equiped w/slides as some of the big outdoor waterpark. Hate to see their heating bill though.....ouchie!!!!

They also have horseback riding (didn't do that darnit), snow tubing (soooo fun!), a full spa deal (didn't do that either, darnit) and lots of other activities that we didn't get too....lol If you go here, you pretty much don't need to leave the place if you don't want to. They have everything including grocery and restaraunts w/in the place and they were surprisingly NOT overpriced to much.

I have to say I was kinda impressed w/myself in my ability to ski. My dad, hubby, bro in law and 4 of the older kids (2 of mine and 2 of my sisters) took skiing lessons together. Well worth it! I only wiped out 2x and once was my sisters fault. She is an experienced skier and talked me into doing a hill I knew I shouldn't have attempted. I ended up taking out a fence and almost took off my ear in the process. W/my sister it's kinda like Charlie Brown and Lucy. I always trust her to hold the football, even after 40 yrs......lol......and usually end up on my ass. She couldn't look at me for the rest of the trip w/out laughing. Twerp!

I will try to post some picts later after my oldest (and nicest,....lol) sister emails them to me.
    SheilaB from SC

Welcome Back! Sounds like you had an excellent time.

Comment

That sounds like an amazing trip!!!! Maybe someday I will be able to take a trip up there. Sounds like a blast!!! Glad ur back and had a lot of fun

Comment

Oh boy am I ever jealous! We go skiing every year. Nothing fancy just from florida to North Carolina but its so afforable for us and we rent a cabin and take the tribe of dogs with us! Can't go this year cause of new shop, hubby not working and bad economy hit us hard. Glad you had a good time. Any pictures? Would love for future referrance.

Comment

Sheila, glad you made it back in one piece. I was hoping that Sibes prediction of you hanging upside down from the trees by your skis would not happen. Sounds like you had a great time. Sounds like a great place, too. I'll have to try it sometime. Will be looking for the pix.
          ~*~Robin~*~
          "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Comment

Originally posted by sheilabgroomer View Post
            I only wiped out 2x and once was my sisters fault.

LMBO! Sheila, how did you ride a horse with skis on?
            "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
            People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Originally posted by Smart-n-Pretty View Post
              LMBO! Sheila, how did you ride a horse with skis on?

Huh???? Have you been in the Mikes again Ms SnP?......lol Didn't get to ride any horses and if I did you can bet that I would have had to consume many Mike to try to ride one w/a pair of ski's on, or are you calling my sister a horse?.....lol......wrong animal but right family......hehe

I think everyone in the family was kinda amazed that I didn't wipe out more when I skied as I was my usual graceful self on this trip. I managed to hit a rock, (the only rock for miles around) while riding a disk down a hill. I fell down some icy stairs and almost took my daughter down w/me, I tripped on the "people mover" taking us up the hill to snow tubing (my oldest sister witnessed that one and about wet herself), and I tripped over a bear......not a real one.....don't ask.......lol

So you see, I don't have to do stunts like riding a horse w/ski's on (lol!!!) to live a risky life. All I usually need to do is get out of bed in the morning.
              SheilaB from SC

Comment

Working...
              X