Phone Call of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone Call of the Day

..... "Do you strip animals?" Immediately, I'm thinking, Wild or Domestic? Some phone calls are just to difficult to answer seriously and therefore I didn't! Guess she didn't know either because she simply answered that it was "medium sized" ! LOL

When I asked a client what type of dog he had, his response was, "he's about 12#." What kind of dog is that?

Comment

I wish I had a dollar for every person that calls and asks " how much will it cost to groom my dog?" I dunno; what kind of dog do you have?

Comment

I actually had someone reply with "brown" when I asked what kind of dog?

Comment

Phone Call

How 'bout the ones that don't even know what kind of dog it is?

Comment

Dawn I think that guy called me too!! LOL

"How much to groom my dog"

Well that depends on the dog, the size, and the condition of the coat. What kind of dog do you have?

"A brown one"

Comment

i had a new client on tuesday said he had a med mix,i asked if he had her shot records he said yes i said come it at noon,which he did,and i asked are you kidding me thats not a medium sized dog,the thing was 70 pounds,plus he didnt even bring his shot records,i think he thought hes so cute he could come in and flirt,his way into me letting it slide,i dont think so,i sent him on his way

Comment

My fav when when a lady called me to ask about grooming her "bitchen frizzy"!

Comment

"Do you know how to groom a cocker spainel in proper trim? Show style...yada yada.. I good, you do! Well I don't want that I want him stripped naked."

WHY!! The third degree???

Comment

My fav was "how much to groom my owspie wowspie"
                    Took me a while. Dead silence on both ends because I was speechless.
                    I eventually asked if it was a lhasa apso and she said "yeah, that's it".
                    Wow...don't own a dog if you can't pronounce it's breed name(s).

A common tease at work was when someone got a difficult shih tzu to shave (which was every day at the petsomething I worked at).
                    We'd say "oh you're shaving a sh***y shoo shoo!"

Comment

I had someone ask for a quote who said it was a little bit larger Pomeranian, when I asked how much did it weigh she said about 75#... can you say Chow?

Comment

Originally posted by Gracy Rose View Post
                        I had someone ask for a quote who said it was a little bit larger Pomeranian, when I asked how much did it weigh she said about 75#... can you say Chow?
                        ROFL love it, just love it!!!!! A 75 lb. Pomeranian!!!!!
                        "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                        Diane

Comment

I like the ones that call and ask... "Can you groom my dog today?"
                          Me: What kind of dog do you have?
                          Client: It's been there before!
                          Oh yes! I know that breed very well! The "it's been there before" dog.
                          Or when they call and ask, "Can you groom Sparky?"
                          I only groom 8 thousand differnt Sparkys ranging in size from chihuahua to newfoundland...
                          It also amazes me when folks call and ask if we give shots, dock tails, spay or neuter or crop ears. It's hard not to reply... "Not on purpose!"

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie View Post
                            I like the ones that call and ask... "Can you groom my dog today?"
                            Me: What kind of dog do you have?
                            Client: It's been there before!
                            Oh yes! I know that breed very well! The "it's been there before" dog.
                            Or when they call and ask, "Can you groom Sparky?"
                            I only groom 8 thousand differnt Sparkys ranging in size from chihuahua to newfoundland...
                            It also amazes me when folks call and ask if we give shots, dock tails, spay or neuter or crop ears. It's hard not to reply... "Not on purpose!"
                            Wow and I thought that was a common response only in MY area!! LOL I tried re-wording my question because I really just needed to know "is it big or little" and still I got the "been there before response" !!

Recently, I was trying to give a man a price quote for a cat and asked him, is it a long-haired cat or a short-haired cat? His answer was "How do you tell?" Ha ha

Comment

I had a client ask me if I was a "Stripper," to which I replied, "I'm not that kind of girl!" (She was teasing me, we both knew she meant hand-stripper, lol)

I also have had a client that didn't even know if their dog was male or female. Shouldn't have a dog if you ask me!

Tammy in Utah
                              Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Working...
                              X