NCMG Groomers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCMG Groomers

Found this on CL today:...I am a National Certified Master Groomer and have been grooming for nearly 19 years. [B]There are only about 1000 of us in the whole United States.[/B]

True? Also, do NCGM's normally resort to CL for advertising?

And...

"As a former grooming school instructor, I have been trained in all aspects of dog grooming from pet clips to AKC show standards"....

Is it me, or is the above sentence confusing?
    Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
    George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Yes it is very confusing. As for the CL advertising I hope she has the documents to back her NCMG claim. As for the numbers she listed to how many their are in the USA I can't see this to be a true fact as there are more than one organization that does certifications .JMO

Comment

What I am curious about is

unless you are in the biz, who knows what it means to be NCMG? Truthfully I have NEVER had a client, friend or ANYONE ever ask me what the requirements much less what certifications there are in dog grooming. Neither had the previous owner of my shop.

I guess it is a certain type of demographic that NCMG's are suppose to target that would exclude Craigslist clients? And if there is, I assume it is a VERY limited number of clients that a biz such as that one would be attempting to make a living off of.

Comment

Originally posted by pooh13 View Post
        Yes it is very confusing. As for the CL advertising I hope she has the documents to back her NCMG claim. As for the numbers she listed to how many their are in the USA I can't see this to be a true fact as there are more than one organization that does certifications .JMO
        Yes but each group has it's own title. A NCMG is only through the NDGAA I believe and I believe the IPG uses the title CMG. I don't know about numbers, but I can't say I find the statement confusing. I think she's just saying she is capable of doing pet clips as well as show clips. I advertise on CL and have gotten some great clients off if it. I think CL really vary from area to area because I've heard some really bad experiences, price shoppers, etc. I've gotten some great, long term clients that weren't concerned about price.
        What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

I dont know that she is "resorting" to anything. It is just a form of advertising, and in this economy some people are trying to get whatever they can. I have done a little advertising on there and got a few good people too. I understood what she was saying about the pet and show trims, although it was worded a little weird.
          What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

The only thing I find a tad "off" is the implication of being able to groom ALL AKC breeds to show standards. That's ALOT of breeds, and a lot of standards which are subject to alot of "fads"... which would require alot of time to keep up with, which would leave no time for grooming......

For some reason, for me...it would have been a better read had the person said "I am familiar with..." in lieu of "I've been trained..."

When you get right down to nuts and bolts in my world, Big M is right. Never in 30+ years of grooming has anyone ever ONCE approached me about certifications and I would bet next weeks earnings that not a single client could even tell you what those letters even mean. In fact I guarantee it.
            And...... in NO way, am I trying to de-value the worth, just stating my reality.
            Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

The only responses I have gotten from CL were not grooming related lol.. basically spam.. I don't bother with CL any more for advertising.

Comment

I know that two years ago in whole SC there were only 12 NCMGs. Most of them in upstate and only two in Columbia.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Sibes View Post
                  The only thing I find a tad "off" is the implication of being able to groom ALL AKC breeds to show standards. That's ALOT of breeds, and a lot of standards which are subject to alot of "fads"... which would require alot of time to keep up with, which would leave no time for grooming......
                  ah, but they specifically said "to show standards", not "to show [b]winning[/b] standards."

Comment

Working...
                  X