Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things that made me laugh this week...and it's only Weds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that made me laugh this week...and it's only Weds.

Laugh or roll my eyes I should say. Last one was my favorite!

1. Sales people who walk through my door knowing that it is a grooming shop and then act offended or surprised when they get dog hair on their good business cloths from my "guard dog" aka 80lb lap dog....makes me smile.

2. The man that called to price check and see about discounts on getting his 11 mo. old malamute/german shepherd mix bathed....I said as I was going to look up the price, "so you've got a big boy"....his response, "no he's pretty little cause he's still a puppy ".....I give him the basic package price and he wants to know if I can take out the nails and ear cleaning so he wouldn't have to pay so much. I tell him sorry that those are included in the price no discount if I don't do them because the real work is going to be in the bathing and brushing of his dog, not the ears and nails...his response "well it's hard for me to clean his ears".....apparently he thinks I was born yesterday and that I don't understand the word Malamute and 11mo old puppy...haha.

3. Client brings in a 12 week puppy just to have it's hair trimed away from the inner corners of the eyes so it can see. Puppy is a pit viper!!!! I tell him that it is going to take a few minutes to get it done because puppy is trying to kill the sissors and clippers. Got a good hold on puppy and I am simply trying to place the blunt end sissors (closed)on the bridge of it's nose and rub it there to desensitise puppy and make it realize that the sissors are not bad before I actually make an attempt to open the sissors and cut. Puppy lunges and grabs sissors with mouth and owner says..."no no don't bite her sissors, bite my and inserts fingures into it's mouth". OMG, needless to say we had a long discussion about why that is not ok....yikes.

4. Last but not least was the dog in a plastic bag. Client comes in with her three dogs, hound is on a leash and walks in, pom is in a leather dog carrier and over her shoulder like a purse, shih tzu is being carried under her arm and I see a Walmart bag....just assumed she had her hands full and that she was carrying the Walmart bag to pick up and poop her dogs might have done outside.....until she sits the shih tzu on my counter and I realize that the dogs whole back end is inside the bag and tied up around it's waist so that it wouldn't fall off....I just laughed and she said it was because even if she walks the dog before she comes in it always poops on my floor so this was her idea to catch the poop...and let me tell you it worked...took off the bag and had 4 little nuggets in there....LOL.

My gosh, you have had a fun week so far. I am still laughing at #4 with the poop bag. If only all our clients were so ingenious!
    Hope the rest of the year is as comical for you.

Comment

Love the poopbag! Too funny, and since you give discounts on "small" shep, malamute types wanna do my puppy? BAWAAA-HAHAA!
      ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

OMG Luv #4 Aussiecrazy! Laughed so hard almost had an accident myself! Maybe you could market that one, something like "Poopbag Pants". Ha ha ha.....

Comment

I'm still laughing with #4!!! Just too funny.

An 11 month of Mal/Shep isn't a big dog yet!? Does the man need glasses??
          "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
          Diane

Comment

I love the poop bag,,,, too funny!

Comment

Considering that most of what WalMart carries is sh*t anyway, the poop bag was utterly appropriate! And what a thoughtful client, too!
              Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
              George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

#4 That is funny! Love the nuggets!!!

I had something funny happen this week. This guy calls me for an appointment and says he has a little dog that needs grooming. So I ask what breed it is and he says golden retriever!!! Are you kidding me!! lol
                www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

OK...

not as funny as the OP but made me smile...

I went to my last groom yesterday. A huge, thick haired samoyed. I was in the house waiting for the mom to get him. He was in a deep sleep so she had to wake him up and get him moving. He was not coming my way at the front door (and of course she never tried to grap him and steer him my way)...then she says to me, "Here, I'll let him out the back way (thru garage) and you can catch him when the door opens"......"he won't run fast!" As I'm walking around to the garage I start thinking about what she just said....I smile and say to myself, "if he runs at all, doesn't matter how fast he is, cause I ain't running after him!!" LOL....

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyFluffer View Post
                    Considering that most of what WalMart carries is sh*t anyway, the poop bag was utterly appropriate! And what a thoughtful client, too!
                    Um, ouch

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyFluffer View Post
                      Hubby agrees. It's like pulling teeth to get him to shop there. Considering they are the only big store for thirty miles, it makes things difficult sometimes.

He'll pay a bit more, go a bit farther, or wait a day or two if he can get things elsewhere.
                      "With God's help, all things are possible!"
                      Laura Lee Ray
                      I am kats_melody on eGroomer. Follow my Twitter tweets - @ZOOMGROOM on Twitter.com

Comment

Working...
                      X