difficult brussels to get in around eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difficult brussels to get in around eyes

does anyone have a trick for this brussels to keep his head still while i go in and do his eyes? he jerks his head from side to side and its nearly impossible. im talking specifically about the stop area. THANKS!

Might help, might not, but my griff hates it as well and I have decided to pull it. She tolerates the plucking with tweezers more than clippers or thinners. I only do the corners of the eyes and in between the eyes. If you have not tried thinners yet try them first.
    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I'd love to see some responses to this thread also. I have one Brussels like this and it is extremely difficult to get into the stop area with all that bobbing. Love to hear some ideas.
      ~*~Robin~*~
      "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Comment

I always use thinning shears in this area ,I hold the beard firmly and just work slowly with the shears.petting the dog gently between the eyes with your fingertips talking nice ( not squeaky)but a low key calming tone.once the dog settles go in with the shears and try snipping the hairs slowly.repeat the calming petting as many times as needed until the dog feels comfortable letting you thin out those hairs. I may even have to go back and forth 20 times(pet ,snip, pet, snip etc) before I get the job done to my satisfaction but I normally get it done. I also use this technique for puppies if the dogs knows your stressing they will stress and fight you more.keep your cool calm demeanor and tone have patients(this is a must).they will eventually learn that its no a big deal

Comment

Working...
        X