Worried!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried!

On New Years day I was rubbing my St. Poodle Gypsy's belly. I found a small tumor next to her nipple & while I was examining it blood squirted out of her nipple. I took her to the vet this morning and she is schedule for a biopsy in the morning. I am really anxious and worried that it will be cancer. She is almost 10 and not getting any younger, but she has always been healthy. Matter of fact this is the first time she has ever been to the vet with the exception of vaccinations and getting spayed 3 years ago. The results won't be back for 7 to 10 working days. I am not patient when it comes to stuff like this. It is going to drive me nuts waiting. Everyone keep your fingers crossed that it is benign. Thanks.

I will say a prayer for your girl. Over the years I have found these lumps on customers dogs. Most of them were malignant and the vets removed them and all of these girls have lived a long life. One toy poodle is about 12 yrs old and hers was removed about 8 yrs ago.

You will be in my thoughts

Comment

I hope it's nothing major and I'm sending good vibes your way!

Comment

While dogs have a relatively high rate of breast cancer; usually removal of the lumps and the dog is fine; rarely has it metastisized(spread) beyond the breast tissue.
        Deidre

Comment

Oh I hope everything is OK =(
          "No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin

Comment

Yep, I found a tumor next to my girl's nipple about 9 years ago. Had it removed and she's been fine ever since. She has cancer now but has nothing to do with that. I will saying a prayer for you and your beautiful girl.
            ~*~Robin~*~
            "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Comment

My fingers are crossed

My Asti passed from cancer that started in the mammary gland there was also bloody discharge. Her lump was about the size of a ping pong ball when I found it . A week later by the time of the vet appointment it had doubled in size. She did have malignant cancer, but it was a rare form according to the docs. She was fine for months after the surgery and then all of the sudden an Osteosarcoma popped up in her front leg. It had spread through out her system at that point the only option was to remove the leg which made little since considering.. A week later another lump and then another within three months it was over. She had a peaceful resting despite her demise. Like I said her cancer was very rare so please do not let this worry you.

Comment

I'll have my fingers crossed for you.

Here is a good article....

http://www.peteducation.com/article....2+2087&aid=460

Comment

Well I picked her up this evening and other than being sore she seems fine. She was in a hurry to get out of the vets office and come home. He removed the lump, nipple and some of the surrounding tissue. I caught it early, and it was only slightly bigger than a pea. The vet sent it for biopsy, and said wait to see. He said there are 3 different types of breast cancer dogs get. You have to find out which it is to determine the severity. Thanks for the support everyone. I just got to make it till the results are back.

Comment

breast tumors

my one standard now 8 had maamory tumors removed in the spring and turned out they were not cancer,hopefully your girl does not have vancer,was she fixed later in life and did she have litters of puppies,puts them more at risk for mammory tumors.good luck hope she is ok.

Comment

She was almost 7 when I got her fixed, and yes she did have a litter of puppies.

Comment

Working...
                      X