Double K Ultimate Groomer Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double K Ultimate Groomer Contest

O.K. here goes, I have never ever competed in any kind of grooming competition. I know I'm not the best groomer on planet earth but don't think I'm the worst ever either. This looks right up my alley for a starter (pictures). It is a before and after, I get that, but states 4 pictures, is that 4 dogs before and after or only 4 which is 2 dogs? I'm confused, also many of you competed last year, how professional does the photography need to be?
    I understand its a competition but just thought I'd ask advice? Or is that wrong? Trade secrets and all? Just like any kind of advice, if possible, without stepping on peoples toes.

Answers

1) Each dog you groom is one entry, and each entry can have a maximum of 4 photos. There must be at least 1 before and 1 after.

2) Your photographic skills can help. For example, blurry pictures certainly are going to be a burden on our celebrity judges who are not viewing your pet on site. Also, photos with low lighting can do the same thing, especially true for black dogs. Also, hanging a backdrop cloth and cleaning your table where the dog is standing gives a far better image. Sometimes the busy background of your shop detracts from the grooming job, so use a simple back drop, but that is only my suggestion and not a requirement. So while you are not be graded on your photography, put yourself in the shoes of the judges, are your pictures clear, sharp, well lit and truly focused on the grooming job you did? Very poor photography makes it hard on judges.

LET ME TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO REMIND EVERYONE THAT YOU SHOULD READ THE RULES FOR 2010, AND REMEMBER YOU MUST FILL OUT AN APPLICATION AT DOUBLE K'S SITE, AND YOU MUST SUBMIT PHOTOS VIA THE DOUBLE K SITE, NOT DIRECT TO ME HERE. THEY FORWARD YOUR PHOTOS TO ME. THANKS! YOU CAN START YOUR APPLICATION JANUARY 15.

I don't want you to send pictures here only to have them returned.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

You can still review last year's pictures at www.petgroomer.com/galleries.htm BUT BUT BUT remember this year we have celebrity judges with the best credentials picking the winners including Lisa Leady, Jodi Murphy and Melissa Verplank. Last year, it was a popular vote.
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

Thanks!
      Last edited by caninecrazy; 01-05-10, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X