Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first grooming appts went well, kind of!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first grooming appts went well, kind of!

Well - I completed my first 2 grooming appts this past weekend (at home) I am doing free services for my training and certification thru All About Dog Grooming.

I had 4 dogs scheduled, but only completed 3, as the first appt got there about 1.5 hrs late (She called and I knew about it prior) I did an almost complete shave down on a ShihTzu due to matting and full groomings on 2 adorable little Yorkies. The lady with the Yorkies told me that she has taken her dogs to several different groomers in the last year and this was the best groom that the dogs have received. WOW! Honestly, this was not only the first time I'd groomed Yorkies, but the first time that I had even seen one in real life!

I'm feeling great about it and just wanted to tell some one who would be excited about it! Megan :-)

Hurray For You!!

Hurray! It is nice to have a sense of accomplishment. Take some photo's of your work. Groomers here will also be ready to give advice. It is hard to get better without the critiques from experienced groomers.

Comment

Wow

First Yorkie trims ever and client was happy. Bwe sure to talke photos of you work so you can refer to them next time. But how is it possible you never saw a yorkie in person before?

Comment

<clapping hands>

YAAAAHOOOOOOOOOO! WTG ^5

Comment

That felt good didn't it? Way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenneversage64 View Post
            First Yorkie trims ever and client was happy. Bwe sure to talke photos of you work so you can refer to them next time. But how is it possible you never saw a yorkie in person before?
            I live in a somewhat rural area - most dogs that I get to 'play' with are hunting dogs, but almost never smaller than a large cocker! :-)

I LOVE the little dogs!! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by MeganDavids View Post
              I live in a somewhat rural area - most dogs that I get to 'play' with are hunting dogs, but almost never smaller than a large cocker! :-)

I LOVE the little dogs!! :-)
              Uh-oh, you better start buying little dogs and giving them away to everyone with the condition they come back to you every 6 weeks for grooming...or you might get pretty hungry, lol!

Good job, and here's to many more!
              Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Fantastic. Yes, get into the habit of taking photos of your grooms, it really will help you to improve and will also enable you to see your progression as a groomer.

Comment

Working...
                X