food drive ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• food drive ideas?

Hi everybody! My heart is aching for a local NO-Kill rescue & rehabilitation facility here. They lost their food sponsor that provided all the food for the 50 doggies on site. So I want to send out an email to my grooming clients 1) to possibly bring in some help 2) offer incentive for help. So one idea is to give discounted grooming for those who bring in food. A friend suggested that I encourage $ donations OR monthly, weekly sponsorship with some kind of incentive. Putting the donating (sponsor) business on their website & sending out a big thank you telling clients who the sponsoring business is.The non-profit rescue organization doesn't want to be picky but also does not want ****** cheap food either. This sounds kind of tricky & asking for $ would be a way around receiving ****** food (sorry, her words not mine). Any suggestions?

Originally posted by downtowndog View Post
    Hi everybody! My heart is aching for a local NO-Kill rescue & rehabilitation facility here. ... This sounds kind of tricky & asking for $ would be a way around receiving ****** food (sorry, her words not mine). Any suggestions?
    Usually, corporate stores will donate their ripped bags of food and litter to non-profits. I'd look into that. Who was the sponsor and why did they lose them?
    That Tenacious Terrier!
    www.thattenaciousterrier.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ThatTenaciousTerrier

Comment

Wording is everything...

When the letter goes out say something like....

"Due to the individual nutritional and health needs of our dogs, we are accepting donations of XXX dog food or cash donations so that we may purchase these brands ourselves."

To me, anyone that wants to help would respect that. List the brands! Donations are no good if you can't use them!!!

Good luck and I know your efforts are appreciated!!!

Comment

Working...
      X