No announcement yet.

Looking at it as a compliment, sort of.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at it as a compliment, sort of.

A fellow board member was kind enough to alert me to that fact that there was a groomer in CA advertising on Craigslist using pictures of my grooms! Well, I had to take a peek for myself and low and behold I pull it up and see Bailey and Bruno at the bottom of her ad looking back at me! Now me being in NY she probably thought I would never find out. My first reaction, honestly, I told my husband "Wow, someone liked my work enough to steal it!". I'm really not upset, I laughed, said "wow" a lot. I did email her to ask her to remove my pictures from her ad on CL. I was very polite about it. So I am choosing to look at this as a roundabout compliment. getting upset about it won't help. So hopefully she complies quickly and learns a lesson about taking pictures from other people's websites.
    What really floored me is that someone from this board saw those pics and recognized them as coming from my website. That was amazing, and thank you again to that person. I won't name them without their permission, but I appreciate having others looking out for me!
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Good heavens,what a nerve they had! Didn't they know you have "connections" lookin' out for you. What would make someone do that? These new digital cameras make it so easy to take ,and post pics of your work ,even I can do it! Crikey!
    "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
    Quote:Cath

Comment

No morals, no values, no integrity

Yes, you might view it as a compliment but really, it is outright STEALING!!! Not only is she STEALING, she is LYING!!!! She is posting pictures stolen from you and saying it is her work. Good luck getting her to take it down. If she doesn't want to, she won't and I don't think there's much you can do about it. I wouldn't like it one bit. Just the principle. It would really pi** me off. Just plain wrong IMO.
      www.gomobileandsucceed.com
      http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

THat is so neat that we can look out for eachother here and that someone here recognized the grooms. Did the groomer ever respond?
        did she take down the pics

Comment

I once had someone take some pics that I had posted on another forum (years ago), and use them on their website. I politely asked them to remove the pics, and figured-well, they are the ones that have to groom it like it is on the website, lol-they may be shooting themselves in the foot!

Comment

She did respond and apologized. She said her webmaster posted the ad and has been known to "take" pictures off other people's sites. I've never heard of a webmaster posting ads on CL for people and I told her she should be aware of any ad she has out there and what it says and looks like as she should be able to recognize her own work vs someone elses. She said she will fix it, we'll see.

Comment

It's not a compliment it's a crime. Copyright infringement of this kind is low down. And there is something you can do. Legal action. What other kind of theft is considered a compliment?

She doesn't have a commercial license on those photos!
              That Tenacious Terrier!
              www.thattenaciousterrier.com
              https://www.facebook.com/ThatTenaciousTerrier

Comment

Well she took the pictures down and apologized again. She said she asked her webmaster to post the ads because she doesn't do well with computers and her own photos had come out too dark. She said he promised these were stock images and she won't be using him anymore.
                Whatever the issues were, my pics are no longer being used by someone else. I thanked her for resolving the issue quickly and wished her well on her business venture.

Comment

I'd be madder than a wet hen!!!! You could always get the groomer that notice your pics to go on that list and post a notice to all who would look at it, that it's NOT her grooms and has been notified to take them down.

Shoot, I had a local vet who offers grooming, take a photo of one of my clients that I had just groomed prior to a visit to this vet, he wanted to use it on his web site! Now, my client was thrilled that he was raving about the grooming and wasted no time calling to tell me all about it. It really TICKED me off that this vet was going to use MY GROOM to promote his grooming services! Granted, the dog is one of his clients also, but not for her grooming! There is a reason why this client came to me instead of being groomed there. Still kinda ticks me off, but oh well! As long as he doesnt' say it was groomed by them, then guess there's nothing I can really do and I really don't want to make waves with the local vets. Several of my clients use this vet too, so just be best to let it go as long as they don't misrepresent the groom job.

Comment

Just Friday Dr Phil

said again. Nothing is safe on the internet. Photos especially can be seen and copied all over the place. whatever is posted, words or photos. hense. teens who have had photos spread all over the internet by angry X boy friends. You can use your imagination what the photos were. Bus to steal from a businees website, that is unprofessional to say the least.

Comment

Similar to NeaNea, I had a client asked to give a testimonial for a local boarding/grooming facility and they asked her to get him groomed before the photos were taken, AT MY SHOP where she has been a client for years. I posted abou tit here and was told I was over reacting, but to me it is and was false advertising. I told them they needed to calrify that the groom was not done by them, but they didn't. The dogs photo is on their site, and they only talked about boarding with him, and THANKFULLY you cannot see much of the dog, but it still irks me to no end. My dad was using photos off my site as well before he died, and that also bothered me.....I can see the flattery, but then again, its stealing!
                      <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

TO: mylady

I rarely post on here, but i have to commend you on your attitude and the exceptionally nice way that you handled this situation... this says so much about your character.
                        Good Job!! If there was more people like you there would be alot less needless chaos in the world.... again, Good Job!

Comment

Well your grooming does rock you know. I really don’t like many groomers head pieces but yours are the bomb!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Reddobe1 View Post
                            I rarely post on here, but i have to commend you on your attitude and the exceptionally nice way that you handled this situation... this says so much about your character.
                            Good Job!! If there was more people like you there would be alot less needless chaos in the world.... again, Good Job!
                            I was thinking the same thing when I came across your reply, Reddobe. I couldn't agree more. Melissa, yer a class act!
                            Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
                            George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

God things like this are just so rediculous to me i cant believe the nerve of some people, stealing photos from another groomer

Comment

Working...
                              X