Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Else Having trouble Getting Back In the Groove?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Else Having trouble Getting Back In the Groove?

Today was my first day back. I went to sleep about 11Pm but wok 3 hrs later than 4hrs after that. I decided to get up at 6:30 so by my first appt I was ready for a nap. LOL Two Westies client I have done several times before. The male was awful today. I thought I might even have to muzzle to trim his front legs. I made him shorter than I wanted and hated the trim. The first time I did both they looked awesome. It has to be me and the dog too. Client said he grows very fast and was happy, but I wasn't. The female I left longer and she was her usual pretty nice small girl. I still need to refill shampoo bottles, do more towels etc. I am still on vacation in my head. I know once the salon is clean and organized I will be more enthusiastic. I hate doing a less than my best job. At least with two, I have a second chance to do a better trim.
    Last edited by Jenneversage64; 01-02-10, 08:44 PM.

I do the same thing. Takes me a few days, sometimes up to a week, to get back on track. I have a normal 5 days in a row next week and I am hoping it's an easy transition, lol!
    Bulldogs are adorable, with faces like toads that have been sat on.

Comment

takes me a little while to get back into it after a vacation - staying up later & sleeping in throws me off a bit. my first dog in usually takes me a little longer - i look at it as a warm up!

Comment

It usually takes me about a week to get back into the swing of things...the first two days are HORRIBLE! My first day back is Monday....
        ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
        Apparently common sense isn't all that common
        *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

i always still worry even after 23 yrs,that the shortest of holidays will leave me not knowing how to groom when i get back into work!
          Funny how it all comes back after about 2 minutes!

Comment

Yep, I agree

I had my 5 at the same home today, just seemed like it took forever to get in the swing of things. I was slower than normal, but the dogs looked great, owners were thrilled. But I was off by about a half an hour total for the time. I must say I was happy to be on the drive home!
            www.pamsbubblemobile.com

Comment

Yes, happy to be driving home!

She pays well and I said out loud in the rig (no one can hear)" Well, thats' good money for the torture I went thru". I just wanted to be home in front of the tv or napping. Now Sun and Monday off to be farther off the groove. I did groom a new very platinum silver nice 2yr old Schnauzer the 29th. I later realized I was a day early, but the new client never said a thing. LOL She was very pleased!
              Last edited by Jenneversage64; 01-03-10, 12:42 AM.

Comment

YEP Normal for me too. I work out of a shop 6 days a week (only groomer, but my choice to work that). If I take a weekend off, or any couple days it takes me a few to get "back into it" Ialways book my first couple days gredual like 4, 6, than my reg 8-10. The dogs on like the 2nd day are the lucky ones I take my time, because I feel I am slow, and they look great. The first day back dogs oh well I am sorry, and once I'm back "in the swing" of well you get your normal groom

HMPH maybe I should ask my hair dresser if she has taken any time off in the last week?
                If you sweat the small stuff, all you have is small soggy stuff.....

Comment

I had a week and a half off. I don't return until Tuesday. I know it's going to be difficult. I really don't look forward to it.
                  "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

OMG! I feel absolutely deflated! And, what a one/two punch having to do dogs without the christmas tips!!! I got used to that real quick!!!!

Comment

Thought I was going to until I had 7, yes 7 cancelations today! AHHH At least it was a day full of those not so fun dogs to groom. One went in heat. The other lady with 2 dogs had the flu, another lady with 2 got called into work, the other one had disk surgery and forgot when I tried to move her earlier in the day and canceled and the other one "didn't look like he needed a hair cut" yet, so she moved hers out 3 weeks. Well at least it was a warm up to get back into the groove!

Comment

I always dread going back from a vacation because it takes me at least a week to get back into the groove. The first 2 days are always the worst.

I'm on vacation right now. Not going back until Jan 18th and I'm already dreading it.

Comment

I went into work today and groomed all four of my dogs. Hopefully that will prepare me for tomorrow. I am overbooked tomorrow.
                          "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

All I can say is that after a week of not working, my back was killing me by the end of the day today.
                            don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Working...
                            X