Never On Sunday...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never On Sunday...?

I'm wondering how many of you are open for business on Sundays.

In my area, except for the corporates, everyone seems to shut down on Sundays. I tried some limited booking on Sundays and the slots were immediately snatched up by busy people who work during the week and have trouble getting their dogs groomed during regular business hours.

And, as one customer told me, "There are a lot of of us who are more spiritual than religious", so a business being closed on Sunday seems archaic to them.

Anyone else out there grooming on Sundays?

We don't, but where my wife used to work they are open 7 days a week

Comment

Yes, I groom most Sundays and love it. It's great for the people who work M-F 9-5.

I usually give myself a little easier day, starting at 10:30 rather than 8 or 9. I also try to save Sundays for multiple dog families, so that when the weather's nice my dogs can be outside in my yard when my husband does outside chores (I'm a home-based groomer.)

And it gives me two days off during the week, which I much prefer, so I can get my shopping and errands done without facing the weekend crowds and traffic.
      The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit. ~Nelson Henderson

Comment

Originally posted by blue View Post

And it gives me two days off during the week, which I much prefer, so I can get my shopping and errands done without facing the weekend crowds and traffic.
        You said it! Same here.
        That Tenacious Terrier!
        www.thattenaciousterrier.com
        https://www.facebook.com/ThatTenaciousTerrier

Comment

I do not groom on Saturdays instead I groom Sundays. My clients love that I grrom Sundays. Once in awhile if somebody needs a Sat. I will groom groom that day, but hardly ever. I start at 10:30 and work until about 2:30.

Comment

I take Sundays and Mondays off because my hubby is off those days. If he worked Sundays, then I would, too. For me it doesn't matter as long as I have time for my family : ) I suppose if I could not get any business and we were struggling, then I would change my tune for survival, but we have it good for now.

Comment

I'm home-based and work Sundays. I've found that many people around here work long hours during the week and can only get their dogs groomed on weekends. So I actually work every day except Monday.

Comment

I work in a small corporate store as well as mobile; I do the store on Sundays; mymobile 2 to 3 days a week. The store 3 days a week.
                Deidre

Comment

Never have since we opened the business and never will. There is a senior partner in our business who only asks that we honor his day. So we do not work Sundays. Ever.
                  "With God's help, all things are possible!"
                  Laura Lee Ray
                  I am kats_melody on eGroomer. Follow my Twitter tweets - @ZOOMGROOM on Twitter.com

Comment

I will be starting Sunday hours this year. I don't plan on starting early and will only offer like 3 appointments on those days.
                    I have worked Sundays in the past and they were a big success.
                    ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
                    Apparently common sense isn't all that common
                    *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

I work every other Sunday in one particular area.
                      The ocean is a desert with it's life underground and the perfect disguise above><((((؛>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((؛>¸.
                      ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((؛>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((؛>

Comment

i do work Sundays starting at 1pm so that I can make it to church in the morning with my family. I was working Sat in a salon when i first started the mobile and after I stopped it was just easier to keep my Sunday clients on Sunday. So I have Saturdays off but my other groomer can work most Saturdays so it works out. Weekend appointments are always the busiest. And coming from a corporate store many years ago where we were open 7 days a week, I just got used to it. Most of my clients attend church so they are happy to start at 1pm or later.
                        What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Originally posted by kats_melody View Post
                          Never have since we opened the business and never will. There is a senior partner in our business who only asks that we honor his day. So we do not work Sundays. Ever.
                          Wow, glad I don't have someone like that in my company- he sounds a little tightly-wound.
                          The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit. ~Nelson Henderson

Comment

We usually reserve Sundays for the boarding clients that request baths or grooms before they go home. I try not to schedule dogs on weekends because of my other job and dog shows (unfortunately very infreqequent lately).

I've had a couple of people call with "emergency" grooms that they absolutely had to have done that day. I caved in and groomed their dogs. Never saw 'em again...

Comment

Originally posted by blue View Post
                              Wow, glad I don't have someone like that in my company- he sounds a little tightly-wound.
                              [hides under a tree and waits for lightening because blue is being slow on the uptake]
                              "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                              People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Working...
                              X