Grooming Sitting or Standing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grooming Sitting or Standing?

SO I see a lot of pictures of everyones salons and it got me thinking..

Do you sit or stand when you are grooming?

Personally I stand all day but I've never tried sitting so maybe I would like it.

I tend to sit for most of the groom but tend to stand when working on the heads of bigger dogs. I have some back problems and find that sitting is much easier on my body.
    "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

standing for 23 yrs here

i tried sitting and could never get the finish.I think it depends on how you started out

Comment

We were late bloomers

so at 47 and 48, when we opened a grooming shop, we sit on stools with wheels. Sometimes we stand, but mostly sit. My husband has back problems and I have ****** feet.

Comment

That's a great question! I got all the new fangled tables and such, but I find I always stand through most my grooms and I stand with my legs spread out. I can lower and raise but still prefer to walk around a dog and see how it looks from all angles. Even when I used my old hydraulic that did a complete circle, I still had to walk around, I think we are all different though, had a friend who groomed Beautiful and never left her seat...

Comment

Depends on what I'm doing, mostly sit, but for some reason stand when doing full scissor dogs, learned standing, but had to start sittting part of the time.
            ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

I sit... and wouldnt change it for the world.. I cant stand all day and groom. It aggravates my plantar thingies in my feet,hurts my lower back etc. I learned how to groom standing and I happily adapted to sitting when I realized I would not be fatigued and in pain at the end of the day
              The ocean is a desert with it's life underground and the perfect disguise above><((((؛>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((؛>¸.
              ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((؛>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((؛>

Comment

Same here; learned to groom standing; but as I got older and got a hydraulic, now electric table; I sit as much as possible. Even in my mobile; I have a chair and use it most of the time. I am 63 and have terrible back problems from too many car wrecks and too much abuse lifting huge dogs and heavy crates, etc.
                Deidre

Comment

Both! I just got my chair approximately a month ago, so it's a little awkward right now(lol). Some days sitting feels reeeeeal good, then other days it's just weird.

Comment

Stand

I have the vericose veins and spider veins to show for it. Tried sitting and gave that up. I found my face was too close and could be bitten easier if not careful. I didn't like In - the - dogs' face feeling.

Comment

Hydraulic tables I sit, stationary tables I stand
                      ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
                      Apparently common sense isn't all that common
                      *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

I stand. I move around the table a LOT when I groom.

I do have terrible back problems though....wonder if I should try sitting. I don't think I could do it!

Comment

I stand about 85% of the groom but I tend to sit down when I have those itty bitty dogs cause I am tall so when I sit I feel like I am getting a better view

Comment

I couldn't groom sitting down until I got pregnant and, well, necessity being what it is I learned pretty fast. Now I prefer to sit. I find many of the dogs, especially the small ones, are much calmer with me more at their level than towering over them (yeah, I'm just SOOOO tall LOL) I do both. Try to sit to dry and sit to groom as much as I can. As John Stazko said at one of his seminars, if you want to be grooming 30 years from now, you better learn to groom sitting down.
                            What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

I stand at the table. but I groom the biggies on the floor and I sit for that..or squat.
                              Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
                              Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

Comment

Working...
                              X