Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Decal Help!

Hey Everyone,

I am wanting to put a decal for my business that I'm starting on my car. What is a good website to use? Any information would be great too! Thanks! :-)

-Myboo-

Do you mean you need a website that makes decals? If so I used vistaprint.

Comment

Yes!

Yes that is what I meant! Thank you soo much! :-)

Comment

A quick word about the Vista Print magnetic signs. At least in Florida they only last about three months. We junked ours and went with a local sign shop. They made a much better product that still looks good over a year later.

Laura
        "With God's help, all things are possible!"
        Laura Lee Ray
        I am kats_melody on eGroomer. Follow my Twitter tweets - @ZOOMGROOM on Twitter.com

Comment

Laura, I know what you mean with the sun and all. Great tip! But when you are first startin out there is nothing like quality at a cheap priiiiice and I found vistaprint does that. You can grow from there, but money is tight at first....

Comment

Thanks!

Yes, That does make since, Money is tight right now. Looks like I will start out with Vista and go from there. Thank you for the advice! :-)

-Myboo-

Comment

Decals are different than magnets. They are much more permanent. I got a great decal off of Ebay for my van. Cheap and very professional looking. Loved it. Then had my wrap done and well, went right over the wrap. Just make sure if this is your personal vehicle if you are advertising a business you very well may need commercial auto insurance. When I found out I needed to do that to advertise on my personal car I opted not too. I had changed insurance companies and the new one couldn't just add an addendum, I had to get a whole new policy. If you are in an accident and have advertising for a business on a personal car and do not carry commercial auto insurance, depending on the laws of your state, you may be in trouble. Just make sure to look into it, if that's what you're planning on doing LOL. Wasn't sure so I just thought I'd throw it out there.
              Do it yourself decals, meaning applying them yourself, are really easy. Simple as placing, rubbing and then peeling the backing off. i think I paid $19.95 for a large decal for my van and that may have been with shipping. Was a while ago. Good luck.
              What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

I bought the Vista Print vinyl signs. They go on with water and a squeege, placed them on the rear windows on each side of my van. They have been there well over a year now, and still look brand new. Nice thing about them is, should I decide to remove them, they come right off, no stickiness at all. Been really happy with the product. As far as commercial insurance on your vehicle, Geico did it with just a stop into thier office, and it is very inexpensive. They just wanted to know what percentage of drive time was used for the business...

Comment

Wow Thanks you!

Thank you for the insurance info! I will definitely look into that. I was talking to mom and possibly thought of doing a magnet instead of a decal. Not fully sure yet.. But Thanks again for the info! Will for sure be looking into the insurance and see what needs to be done. :-)

Comment

Working...
                  X