neighbor feeding my dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neighbor feeding my dogs

I came home yesterday and saw my labx at the corner of the yard eating something. So went to check it out, it was a bagel ant turkey bones! We have new neighbors, so thought maybe they had done, knocked on there door and said HI please don't feed my dogs. Turns out it was not them but the guy acros the creek had toss the leftover in my yard. So went over and had a talk with him. What is it with people that they feel that they can throw food to dogs behind a fenced yard. This the second neighbor I have had to talk to about that. My dogs are super friendly and always go to the fence to say hi to everyone,but they do not look like they need to be feed. It just burns me that people feel that they can just throw food into someones dogs. My dogs are fine by the way I got the bones before they did,just luck I came home at the right time.

I'd also suggest they pay your vet bill when the dog has to go to the emergency vet for an intestinal perforation from eating cooked bones! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR I'd be livid!

Comment

I'm guilty of this....

At least I was when I was a kid. It's like a free petting zoo!

Comment

Ugh!

People are just dumb!! I would be furious! Hope these neighbors get the message that YOU need to know exactly what your dogs are eating. If they do it again, you can always ask them if they are prepared to pay the vet bill.

Comment

Oh geez...like Hello Kitty, as a kid I can totally admit to feeding any and every animal in sight. Of course, I look back on a lot of the behaviors I had and cringe now that I'm not as ignorant. If it's a kid, I'd calmly and kindly explain why that's not ok...if it's an adult...well. I'd probably be a little more curt. They should know better!
          There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

Just another reason why I will never leave my dogs unattended in the yard. You just never know what crazy things might happen.
            Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KarlaSnyder View Post
              Just another reason why I will never leave my dogs unattended in the yard. You just never know what crazy things might happen.
              Me too. Even though I'm in the country w/ great neighbors...I can't tell you how many times things like plastic food delivery bags w/ strangulating handles, discarded foil balls from fast food burgers, etc., just blow/get tossed up into the yard. (Not to mention frozen anti-freeze falling from space!) It's a dangerous world out there!
              Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

atimetopaws

Oh yes and there are people, like your loving ? neighbors, who will put poision in food and throw it out for dogs.

Comment

and the nuts who throw ground glass in ground beef over a 6ft fence when you trust dh to watch the dogs, late dh, or woulda been ex, any way never leave the dogs outside when you are gone,people are insane.
                  ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

I have found food once or twice in my yard as well and I know for sure it didn't come from my house. Luckily my dog is a very picky eater and just passes most things up. I asked my neighbors, but no one fessed up.

Comment

I used to laugh

I had a neighbor that you could tell made the kids sit there till the Oatmeal or Peas or whathaveyou was eaten. So they'd sneek to the fence and toss it over. I never thought about bones so I just thought it funny and clever of the kids and not too smart of the parents.

That is a scary.
                      Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Working...
                      X