Guess what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess what?

A lady just called today on Saturday and accused us of cutting her dog on his front leg last Saturday during his groom. She said it was a huge gash . Well first of all it's been a whole whopping week since he was in and since then they have gone out of town with the dog. He could have cut his leg on anything while with her. So anyhow we decided to pay the bill until ............... WOW!!! we discovered a photo that was taken the exact moment before he left last week after his groom. We discovered no gash or anything on him. We only took the picture for reference of a before and after of a matted dog. And before we would use the photo for anything we would ask her permission. So we haven't decided to use it yet therefore she doesn't know we took the picture. So i can't wait until she comes in to show us his gash on his leg and then i can politely show her his after photo while zoomed in on the legs. lol

excellent! glad you did before pics, I'm doing that more now, I think the economy is bringing the worst out in people, or we're just hearing about it more here.
    ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Ha ha ha ha! Somebody tried that on me once. Too bad about the before/after pics I take with every groom, huh?
      "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
      People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

She'll probably say you photo-shopped the gash off the image.

Be prepared for that one.

Comment

"Yes, Mrs. Smith...may we have your permission to use your photo? We would like to use it to show YOU how we think YOU are trying to extort money from us."..lol!

I'm glad you got pictures Paw...it's always fun to have an ace in your back pocket.

The dog may have just licked an irritation into his own leg after you all freed him from his mats.
          People call all sorts of things "large gashes". My gosh...if they actually ever really saw a large meaty gash....they'd prolly pass out.
          Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Sibes View Post
            "Yes, Mrs. Smith...may we have your permission to use your photo? We would like to use it to show YOU how we think YOU are trying to extort money from us."..lol!

I'm glad you got pictures Paw...it's always fun to have an ace in your back pocket.

The dog may have just licked an irritation into his own leg after you all freed him from his mats.
            People call all sorts of things "large gashes". My gosh...if they actually ever really saw a large meaty gash....they'd prolly pass out.
            Hahaha too funny. I think so too! I can't wait to see this large gash.

Comment

Had a slick haired dog in last week for a bath and nails; woman came back in about 5 days later, claimed that when I shaved the dog I nicked him all over, that he was all cut up.
              I called the store manager back to grooming, explained the dog was a bath and nails, no hair had been cut anywhere, with the owner standing there calling me a liar.
              The manager called the vet who told her the dog had allergic reaction to something; probably the shampoo used.
              Store manager came back to tell us that she paid half the vet bill, and to be careful not to use that shampoo on the dog next time.
              I told her that after that person had called me a liar that I was never touching her dog again.
              Me neither, proclaimed the other groomer.
              Deidre

Comment

Originally posted by edderland View Post
                Had a slick haired dog in last week for a bath and nails;...
                Me neither, proclaimed the other groomer.
                Deidre
                Thats great. There will be no next time. lol

Comment

Good thing you can make the decision not to bow to this persons accusations. When I first started out at a big box place we had a woman bring in her elderly mother's felted and pelted maltese that needs stripped with a 10 before it's vet appt - gotta impress those vets - god forbid they should see the condition the dog is kept in the other 12 months before the vet appt.

Anyways, the woman brings the dog back after the vet appt demanding her $ back because the vet told her the dog should of never been shaved that short. Store manager complies. Groomer looks like an arse. Sigh.

Thank dog for digital cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by D'tails View Post
                    Good thing you can make the decision not to bow to this persons accusations. When I first started out at a big box place we had a woman bring in her elderly mother's felted and pelted maltese that needs stripped with a 10 before it's vet appt - gotta impress those vets - god forbid they should see the condition the dog is kept in the other 12 months before the vet appt.

Anyways, the woman brings the dog back after the vet appt demanding her $ back because the vet told her the dog should of never been shaved that short. Store manager complies. Groomer looks like an arse. Sigh.

Thank dog for digital cameras.
                    This tends to be a box store work problem ,I have seen this happen many time .All the owner has to do is complain about the smallest thing and the store managers rush in and give refunds.Not even considering the condition of the dogs when they come to us.I have been fortunate enough to have not lost pay due to any complaints or minor nicks due to pelted pets(it has happened to all of us at one time or another),however I have seen several of the other groomers lose pay .instead of management backing up the groomers they back the client instead which makes the clients think the groomers are incompetent and unprofessional.

Comment

Working...
                    X