Christmas Day Photo Session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Day Photo Session

This old guy was dumped by his adopter in a kill shelter 2 days before Christmas. The adopter of course violated the contract that says if for any reason he cannot keep the dog, he will return it to rescue. And rescue would have gladly taken him back, no questions. What a crummy thing to do. He also didn't tell the shelter workers that he was microchipped and came from a rescue. Luckily, the shelter scanned him otherwise he'd be dead. The adopter is a college student and the theory is, he couldn't find a place to board him in time for an away game. He claimed he couldn't afford to feed him although his coat kinda looks like and definitely feels like it's been shaved.

I agreed to keep him for a couple of days until transport can be arranged. He's a really nice, upstanding pooch. Many people worked hard over Christmas Eve to save him.

Here's Bandy, undefined Beagle mix on Christmas Day. Named "Bandy" because he was abandoned once before, family moved away and left him in the house.

http://cooniegoonie.smugmug.com/Pets/Rescue-Pets/Bandy
    That Tenacious Terrier!
    www.thattenaciousterrier.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ThatTenaciousTerrier

Canopener, you are one of the most talented people I have ever traded words with. You have made that dog look like a star! This story is very sad--your photos captured his spirit and made it even sadder for me once given the story a face,,,
    I always think of what must go thru a dog's mind when they get into the car for a ride only to get out in the lot and walk in to a shelter....what must go thru their senses and their minds, especially if they've been there before. I have prayed many times that dogs don't understand or fear what is going on at the level that a person would,,,I sure hope that it's true,,,,
    Human beings are the only species that can take their shortcomings and hangups and make them somebody else's problem. And then to lay it on an animal....it is just sad.
    I hope this sweet old guy gets a home where he's seen for his true value; giving unconditional love and more deserving of love's reception than many people are.
    Bless your given talent, Sally.
    Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
    www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Thanks Windy for kind and encouraging words. I gave the photos to the rescue and hope they will help him find his for real, forever home. Sometimes a fantastic photograph will expose their true self or like you said "spirit" and will get them a second look. And with any luck, a wonderful home.

I am told he was very happy to back "home" to see his old friends.

I planning a project and hope I can work with some rescues on this: kinda a cruelty education and awareness photo project. I know a lot of our Coonhounds pulled from shelters are on the brink of starvation and otherwise in horrible condition. I want to show their story in a series of photos and show the reality of suffering. And the positive impact of rescue on those lives, however long it takes. Too many people live in denial. You can't wish this stuff away, we have to face it and set the wheels of change in motion.
      That Tenacious Terrier!
      www.thattenaciousterrier.com
      https://www.facebook.com/ThatTenaciousTerrier

Comment

Well, with your ability and talent, and your connection that I can FEEL you have,,,I can't think of anyone better suited to do such a wonderful thing. Your photos really speak to my artistic eye and especially to my heart every time I see them and no matter who the subject is.
        Good luck to you on this project,,,I hope we'll maybe get to see your final work!
        Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
        www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

What gorgeous pictures! You're truly talented! I'm sure this will help him find a forever home.

Comment

Working...
          X