been avoiding this update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• been avoiding this update

My son arrived home for the holidays on Thursday the 17th then last Friday morning my son and his father flew to Portland Or to dog-sit for an old client of mine who moved there a few years ago. She flew them out most holidays. They arrived that night and Sat morning my son found his father collapsed on the bathroom floor and called 911. His Dad had a massive aneurism and died with 24 hours.
    I caught the last flight out of Newark in that blizzard but missed the connection in San Fran and didn't get there until the following day- they pulled the plug while I was enroute. His Uncle flew up from LA to stay with him until I got there. My son is 20 and was incredibly close to his Dad. Despite our acrimonios divorce, he was a loving, involved, supportive father. We shared custody of his older son as well who is 10 years older than my son. They were all devoted to each other. This has been devastating. We were together 25 years.
    Some of you know my present husband has been very ill as well and had a relapse while I was getting my boy home. He went back into the hospital while I was away and has been there ever since. We spent the day there today after staying up until 1:30 last night cooking to take his Christmas supper into the hospital.
    Thanks for your concern- but can we get this year over and wipe the slate clean so we can start fresh?.....

I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll be thinking of you.

Comment

Oh Beth, I'm so sorry about your ex and hope your present hubby gets home soon.
      I also agree with you on getting this year done and over with....

Those aneurisms are nasty....my uncle passed away from one 13 years ago.
      Last edited by Moonpiepoodlz; 12-25-09, 07:57 PM.
      ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
      Apparently common sense isn't all that common
      *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

We can indeed. In 7 days...get this year over, and start clean.....

My heartfelt sympathy and should you need...extended hand for support, in any way I can.
        Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Dang, honey! I will pray for you.
          "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
          People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

WOW, I am sorry.

Next christmas will be much different and I am hoping your son will be able to cope through this year. How devastating, I'm so sorry.

Tammy in Utah
            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I'm so sorry.

Comment

I am so sorry that this holiday has been so difficult for your family, and you will be in my prayers.

Comment

So sorry, will pray for you and your family. God bless.
                  Lisa VanVleet, RVT

Comment

I am so sorry. My heart aches for your son. I hope that your husband is recovering and home very soon.
                    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Very sorry -

Thoughts and prayers going out to you and your son and your husband. Yes, let's get on with the New Year and start fresh!!!

Comment

Oh AuntieBeth - I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers will be with you. This must have been a very difficult holiday for you and your son.
                        I'm really just a little dog in a big dog's body (I really should cut down on those milk bones).

Comment

AB, I'm so sorry. I hadn't seen you here and was wondering if something was going on. I'm so sorry to hear about your son's dad. It's horrible. And I hope your husband is feeling better. Huge hug to you. <3 I don't know why bad things have to happen....
                          www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                          http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, I can somewhat relate this holiday. My DIL's Daddy passed away unexpectedly a week and a half ago. While she is my DIL she and my son have been "best friends" since they were 10. I have felt so bad for her this year, out of the five children in the family she was the closest to her Daddy, only moving accross the street when she married my son. I know it is hard on you, but I understand the pain you feel for your children when a loss like this occurs. I will be thinking and praying for you and your son, as well as your husband.

The new year will be much better and brighter for us all.

Comment

I'm so sorry you are having to go through that. Our thoughts are with you.

Comment

Working...
                              X