Message on my voice mail at 5:30 pm 12/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message on my voice mail at 5:30 pm 12/23

"Hi , I am interested in your grooming services and wondered if I could get an appoitnment before Xmas"........................

H-E-LL-OOOOOOOO it is 5:30 pm Dec 23...lol....oh she was funny ! Delete !

lol...what are people thinking we just sit around waiting for them to call...sheesh

Comment

Yesterday I finally quit answering the phones and put a new message on my voicemail stating that we had NO appointments left before Christmas. I still couldn't believe how many messages were left anyway asking or begging to get their dogs in before. They all acted like they were the only ones that were having a special day on Friday and MUST have the dog cleaned up for company or Santa.......lol

I only had a few people get rude this year when I told them no. I had more that got attitudes at Thanksgiving when they waited till the Wednesday before to call about boarding......lol.....people just kill me sometimes.
      SheilaB from SC

Comment

me too

I also got one of those calls yesterday. "I know Princess is really overdue but I could drop her off any time tomorrow, just let me know what works for you." Seriously ????

Comment

Hehehehehe!!! Merry Christmas.

Comment

Oh baddog, that is funny! They didn't know who they were calling! lol
            www.gomobileandsucceed.com
            http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Same here, man called morning of the 23rd and not only did he want a groom before Christmas, but he wanted me to pick-up and deliver. He is 20 miles away and has not had his dog groomed with me in almost a year! He just could not believe that I would not do it, said he would have to find someone else, I said very merrily, OK, Merry Christmas. Click! I then put the we are closed for the holidays speech on the machine.

Comment

Heck, I changed my voice mail yesterday afternoon to say that I am closed for the holidays and when I will re-open just because of calls like that. No time to talk to desparate procrastinators. I have 4 dogs to groom today and then I am DONE!

Y'all have a Merry Christmas Eve and be safe out there today - people are going to be driving like crazy. Last minute Christmas panic!

Comment

I've had a slew of these calls too..it happens every year...even a few from North Carolina wondering if I could "swang" down. The amazing change for me this year is I've had quite a few jewish clients pushing to get their dogs groomed this week...sorry...

Comment

Yup, got quite a few people that were just incredulous that we could not get them in before the holidays...had one woman ask me if we would be open Christmas Day...let me think, um no...
                    Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

LMBO! I got 3 calls from "new" clients that said they had just bought a puppy for so-and-so for xmass and they had to get it cleaned up before they gave it to them. I told them most stores sell puppy shampoo.

Thats not to mention the crazies that have HAD their dog for years and still think they can get in last minute. I finally quit answering the phone yesterday and let it all go to voicemail. I have a few baths today but that is pretty much all I was willing to schedule, then im off to go shopping (yea I know)

Comment

We are open today, and have a full day planned but LOTS of FFTT and bath only dogs. One girl started calling at 6am and has called 6 times now trying to get her two dogs in....she wil pay ANYTHING and can pick up at 8pm if needed! UMMMMMMM YEAH!
                        <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

We are closed today...

but yesterday I had a client call and say that I OWED her a groom today. Why? Because she had an appointment at Thanksgiving and since I didn't call and remind her, she didn't come. Therefore, I OWE her a groom. WOW! And I did have a lot of those, "but can you squeeze in my dogs? THey're really small!!!" We ended up grooming and/or bathing 31 yesterday with 2 bathers and 1 groomer. We worked from 7:30am-8pm but we are done and NOT answering phones today!!! (We board, so we are here, but no grooms until Monday!!!)

Comment

Had a client (not a reg) call wanting me to get her two dogs (Cocker and a Shih) in before Christmas. Haven't seen these dogs for at least 6 months!!!! Sorry no way.
                            Then she asked me if I knew of anyone that could get them in before Christmas. Almost told her to call Spike, I'm sure she would have plenty of room and would just love to groom them.....but I didn't .
                            I mentioned to try calling a shop that has more than one groomer, they may be able to get her dogs in, but again they may not! HEHEHEHE
                            "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                            Diane

Comment

I'm lucky, the only call I received yesterday was to see if I could cut a labs nails today and I need to go over and give them his christmas gifts and ornament so I said sure why not.

Other than that hadn't heard from them for two months.

Comment

Working...
                              X