This made it worth it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This made it worth it!

I am sure most of you have read my complaints of the Dutch here (at least in my city) not showing their appreciation this time of year with tips, cards or gifts. Up to today I have received ONE 2 euro tip ($2.85 US) and 2 Christmas cards.

While working on my last dog, a customer comes to the door. She lives close by and her daughter plays with my daughter. She just bought a Shar-pei pup and it needs a bath. I swore I was not going to take any last minutes appointments (You give a customer an inch and they take a mile) but I could not resist the thought of a cute wrinkly shar-pei pup.
    Just being able to work and play with that pup made it all worth while and made me remember why I am a groomer. Sure, hearing some appreciation once in awhile is a nice thing - but I groom because I LOVE dogs and I wouldn't want to be doing anything else. So to me it doesn't matter if I don't get any gifts at Christmas... the kisses that Spike the Shar-pei puppy gave me was all the gifts I needed this Christmas.

But by the way - the owner tipped me 5 euros ($7,14 US)
    Attached Files
    I'm really just a little dog in a big dog's body (I really should cut down on those milk bones).

Puppies make my day! I love them and I will ALWAYS sqeeze them in. Specially if Im having a not so good day

So cute

Comment

OMG that is way tooooooo cute!

Comment

I agree. Puppies are like a drug that makes you feel better on a bad day. Love that face!

Comment

OMG that is ADORABLE!!!!

Comment

That is really adorable! Nice thoughts too.

The only puppies I've had over the past week were incredibly bratty and matted yorkie puppies. They were older puppies though, never groomed or brushed... Just difficult and stressful. I'd take this guy over them any day!

Comment

Oh my goodness! How precious! Just makes me want to run out and get one.
              ~*~Robin~*~
              "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Comment

How can you NOT love that jello face!

I had 7--6 week old husky puppies yesterday: 6 girls, 1 boy and trying to get a picture of them all was challenging to say the least but it was a nice way to end the day. I've had quite a few puppies this last week and am glad the week's over with!
                ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
                Apparently common sense isn't all that common
                *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

Very cute! I love shar pups but not when they get older.

Comment

Puppies are the best pick me up!
                    I forgot, I was going to suggest, why not next year (if you don't already) send out some Christmas postcards? I do that for my clients (which I admit is much easier when you have a mobile groomers number of clientele vs salons LOL) and I was amazed at how many people not only mentioned the card but then gave me a gift. These were clients I never expected gifts from. the one really shocked me by giving me a bottle of bath and body works lavender bath gel. I actually didn't think she thought of me all that much. But she did mention getting my card, so it made me wonder if that did it LOL. Worth a try!
                    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Originally posted by mylady View Post
                      Puppies are the best pick me up!
                      I forgot, I was going to suggest, why not next year (if you don't already) send out some Christmas postcards? I do that for my clients (which I admit is much easier when you have a mobile groomers number of clientele vs salons LOL) and I was amazed at how many people not only mentioned the card but then gave me a gift. These were clients I never expected gifts from. the one really shocked me by giving me a bottle of bath and body works lavender bath gel. I actually didn't think she thought of me all that much. But she did mention getting my card, so it made me wonder if that did it LOL. Worth a try!
                      I do this. I started out with sending a card to every single customer but now that is just too many so I just choose 100 of my regulars. PLUS all customers that are groomed in December get a Christmassy bandanna and a Christmas gift bag (filled with some dog treats) with an extra "Seasons Greetings" message on it.
                      This year I will be getting a bonus - my prices are going up for a first in 4 years.
                      I'm really just a little dog in a big dog's body (I really should cut down on those milk bones).

Comment

AAWw, what a cutie, LOVE all those wrinkles!! Merry Christmas!!

Comment

Merry Christmas & Happy Boxing Day, Candee! From Sibes and...well....Sibes.
                          Very cute puppei!
                          Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

You could just eat that up! That face is scrumptious! I've never seen a shar pei. I want one! lol
                            www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                            http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Candee, those photos are priceless. Puppies are just the best!

Comment

Working...
                              X