X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walkin' dead

As my mom used to say, "I've died, but just haven't laid down yet"

That's how I feel!!!!

One more day and I'm through til next later next week. Maybe I can get some stuff done while I'm off

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

PS: All I want for Christmas is a few days in my jammer's and no one asking me to do stuff, hehe

I hear ya!!!

I'm the walking dead too..........long long days, BUT only one day left, and it's going to be a 12 hour one, then I'm off for over a week. It's so nice though, how appreciative our customers are that their furbabies look nice for christmas..............and most of my clients are sooooooooooooo good this time of year because they know I pull long hours, so they treat me very well.........

Comment

I am right there with ya, neanea! I worked 13 hours today and I am exhausted! This is the first year I have ever taken x-mas eve off and I am soooooooo glad I did! Have a happy holiday!
      Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
      Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

Comment

I keep a running mantra going. Keep in mind, I'm salary, so all these extra clients don't help me at all!

Tomorrow's mantra: One more day and I'm off for four. One more day and I'm off for four! lol

Comment

Same here + cold.

Comment

I'm with ya all too! Wew, I've had a lOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNGGG two weeks! Ready for some food, family and "best ever" jammy time. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Yu All.......

Comment

I know what you mean. I have nothing done as far as shopping, my last day was today. Now it's more rushing around and sleepless nights trying to get the house ready. Merry Christmas to you all.

Comment

Walking Dead

I hope I can "walk" one more day (even tho' I feel dead!) I've worked everyday for almost 3 weeks, I am whooped! But never too tired to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year!

sittingpretty

Comment

I gave up the extra Xmas hours a couple of years ago. I only do my 8 hours worth in the weeks leading up to xmas and to bad for the rest who waited until the last minute. It is just not worth it to me to work a 13 hour day.

I make sure that my really, really good customers are covered and other than that, I'll see you the week after Xmas. To bad so sad. Yes a few customers may go to the local Pet Something, but they always come back. No worries here.

I deserve a relaxing Xmas too.

Scott

Comment

/raises a weary hand

I've slept about 22 hours during the last day & a half. I think I can tough out the 23rd and 24th...after that, yeehaw, 3 days off!
                    Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
                    George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

OMG I feel you guys. Thank gosh today was my last day grooming before Christmas because my Bravura's just started really acting up (RIP after almost 5 years)

Comment

Originally posted by Groomerchick View Post
                        I keep a running mantra going. Keep in mind, I'm salary, so all these extra clients don't help me at all!

Tomorrow's mantra: One more day and I'm off for four. One more day and I'm off for four! lol
                        Here!! Here!!
                        Can't wait! Hubby's coming from Texas til Jan 3rd...whoohoo! Finally someone to help lessen the load at home! He can take over the snow blowing and the "pack care" duties! Give me my cappacino and my jammies and slippers and I'm good to go for 4 days! I may even get my tree decorated before Friday?? Poor thing is just standing there naked in it's stand drinking up the water! Once it DOES get decorated, Lil' Man (my 8 mos westie) will probably have his way with it?? Grrrr...zzzzz!

Comment

Same here, last 2 days I haven't been leaving the shop till after 6, usually leave at 4:30. Came home ate dinner, let the dogs out, was asleep by 9 pm,,,lol. Today is all housecall clients, 6 today & 1 in the morning, then I'm off till next week. I feel like that little train, I think I can, I think I can,, I'm way too old for this much work,,,,lol, But I'd rather be busy, than sitting here with nothing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Groomerchick View Post

Ahhh but here is my question to YOU! DO you get paid for the days you do ot work? If not, then you deserve a bonus for the extra work. If you DO Its the extra dogs that ALLOW the boss to pay you your salary even though you are CLOSED! That is how salary works here in my shop. Extra dogs = extra cahs for the groomers or paid days off. This week and ENTIRE 10 DAYS! Full salary for the working week as well.

We are slamming and tired, but we will survive!
                            <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

My husband had joked this morning that I'm now driving like a little ol' granny because my back is so hunched. Maybe after new year's I'll have enough energy to sit up straight again. Maybe....

Comment

Working...
                              X