Praying Its Nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praying Its Nothing

My sister was supposed to hit the road this morning to come down here for Christmas but no one has heard from her. I am praying that she lost her phone or she has the music blasting and can't hear it. I am worried and its making me sick to my stomache. Sorry I am probably jumping the gun............right?

Where is she coming from and where is she going to?

Comment

Originally posted by KDGROOMER View Post
      Sorry I am probably jumping the gun............right?
      Probably jumping the gun.....how long is the drive? Is she overdue? If not, assume her cell phone is turned off or she hasn't heard it.
      "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Waaay too early to panic yet, KD. Could be a million reasons; no reception, forgot to charge it, left it at home, in the bottom of her purse where she can't hear it, on the floor of the car under the seat...

Give her a little longer. She'll call.
        Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
        George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

she is ok she did not even leave she had a severe migraine took some medicane and did not wake up. mom talked to her she slept for hours and never heard her phone man I am bawling my darn eyes out thankfully she is fine. Sorry but it is not like her at all to do that

Comment

At least she's okay...better to have tears of relief than tears of sadness
            ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
            Apparently common sense isn't all that common
            *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

Glad to hear your sister is safe at home.
              "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I am sure she is alright,,,I will say a prayer for her anyhow!
                Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
                www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

lol.
                  Every year when we make the trip up to Oregon, my dad will call every couple of hours when we hit the mountains. Well, there is no reception between Medford and Grants Pass, and he will call and leave several messages. When we do call back, usually my brother will answer and tell us Dad has been pacing and watching the weather channel to see how much snow is falling through the mountains.
                  It has never been bad enough to put chains on, we plan our trips around the weather, but still, families will worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy in the Sky View Post
                    lol.
                    Every year when we make the trip up to Oregon, my dad will call every couple of hours when we hit the mountains. Well, there is no reception between Medford and Grants Pass, and he will call and leave several messages. When we do call back, usually my brother will answer and tell us Dad has been pacing and watching the weather channel to see how much snow is falling through the mountains.
                    It has never been bad enough to put chains on, we plan our trips around the weather, but still, families will worry.
                    Put chains on?

Comment

I'm sure Lucy will reply - but living in far northern WI, some people still use chains on their car tires to get through really deep snow or icy conditions. Did you ever see a larger snow blower with chains on (ours has them) - it gives it a lot of traction. With todays newer vehicles with all wheel drive, they're not in use much any more. I remember as a child in the 50-60's that my Dad would put chains on the tires of his car if it got really bad out.

Comment

During certain levels of snowfall, the Highway Patrol/State Troopers will indicate if snow chains are required or if the road is closed. We have been fortunate enough that we time our trip during fairly light snowfall. As Petekids said, the chains give traction especially if you are driving a Honda Accord or Mazda Protege through the mountains, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by LexPauline View Post
                          Put chains on?
                          on tires? for traction on severe road conditions?

Comment

Working...
                          X