lost a client today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost a client today...

One of my favorites! A 6 year old mini schnauzer named Albert Von Johnson. He went in this morning for a routine teeth cleaning and didn't wake up. I am so sad. He was a special client and i will miss him. I can't imagine what his mom and dad are going thru. Biggest thing is that his vet has been pushing for her to have his teeth cleaned for a year and she finally did it. They did the bloodwork, and he was perfectally fine. His heart simply stopped as soon as they sedated him. So scarry!!!

Just wanted to share with people who understand that even if he wasn't my dog, my heart still breaks!!!!!

Alabama I'm so sorry for you and his family. This is really sad and scary. Poor people and at christmas time on top of it.

Comment

Aww, I'm so sorry. What a scary thing to happen. That is seriously a fear of mine, because I want to get my poodle's teeth cleaned where I work, but what if something like that happens? I don't think it's common, but I know it is always a risk with anesthesia.

Comment

We have a lady here in town who offers anesthesia-free teeth cleaning and scaling. She does a beautiful job but for the life of me I can't figure out how she manages it.

Is it not possible to have a vet use a light tranquilizer for teeth cleaning as opposed to full sedation? Unless teeth were being extracted, I'd think it would be safer....
        Last edited by PuppyFluffer; 12-22-09, 07:16 AM. Reason: Had a question
        Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
        George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

My dog had to go under back in the spring to get a lump removed, so I had his teeth done then. He's going to be ten in February and I just don't want to have to have him put under anymore if I don't have to. Stories like that scare me!

Hugs to you and your client.

Comment

Aww that is soo sad!

At the clinic I work at, a lot of dentals are done.

This one cat came in that was also getting a lion cut under sedation. The clinic was going to call me when the teeth cleaning was done. Well they called me, saying I didn't have to come in anymore, because the cat had died during the dental.. They had done the bloodwork also.

Turns out the lady had just lost her husband not too long before that, and that her sick mother who lived with her loved this cat.

So sad.

Comment

I'm so sorry! It's hard to know who to feel worse for in this situation (vet-or-owner)...but I'm gonna pick the owner.
              Had a Sibe that did that once over a simple procedure, even though all the bloodwork was fine. They got her back...but it was very close...I was there, so I know.

I think about these things everytime I sign an anesthesia release form...but it still freaks me out.

I'm sorry Alabama. I hope the owners can find a way to reconcile themselves with the fact that every (rare) now and again...this happens.
              Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

I just had a new Schnauzer pup went in to get spayed and they didn't know she has a hole in her heart and she died on the table. sad sad sad

Comment

That's a big scare of mine. Ariel had her teeth cleaned 3 years ago and had 8 pulled...she's been needing it done again but she's now 12 and I don't think healthy enough to go through it.
                  I can't imagine what that poor lady is going through...lots of self blame?
                  ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
                  Apparently common sense isn't all that common
                  *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

my 10 year old mini poodle needs her's done ... they were done about 2 years ago. but i'm also nervous about this ... I've just heard of this happening too many times - but I also do want to prevent her from any pain due to dental issues. ugh decisions decisions

Comment

I know how you feel, I lost one of my housecall doggies a few weeks back. His mom gave me a really nice christmas bonus, but I cry every time I think about it, I would much rather him still be with us! OK, now I'm crying again, just writing about it.

Comment

so sorry youa nd the client lost a good pet. no way to start the holidays,no way to test if the dog is alergic,or human for that matter. just sad for all
                        ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

What a sad situation for everyone, the owner, the vet and you. (((HUGS)))

Comment

how sad! I remember this bulldog puppy who came in for a spay and died during the surgery! Nothing wrong with the puppy, it was just one of those things, unexplainable. Everyone at the clinic was devastated. One of the very few bad things about grooming at a Vet

Comment

So very sad. I worked at a vet years ago, and a little pom died on the table during a dental. That was 40 yrs ago, and I know things are much safer now, but it's my biggest nightmare. I get paranoid when one of my "kids" needs surgery.
                              Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X