Am I Nuts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I Nuts?

I bought myself two boxes of LEGOS today to play with myself. I saw a commercial where they build cool houses, garage, and even a dog or horse or two. Problem is, LEGO made up that commercial and there is no actual kit to do that. You have to just take from different ones. I used to have LEGOS that made only houses that really looked real. They don't make that one anymore. I don't like jig saw puzzles but thought thses might be fun to create houses with. I am still a kid I guess. Does anyone else out there buy toys for themselves? There was one house kit for $60 I saw weeks ago, but it is gone now and out of stock.

Do what makes you happy!!!! Check on ebay for the kit someone out there might have it Good luck and if you finish that project post a pic for us

Comment

I always buy toys for the nephews and nieces that I want to play with...like Mousetrap, but I haven't bought for myself, or my DH, who is very creative...so you've given me an excuse for Legos and Lincoln Logs..we always wanted a Log House!

Comment

you could make a giant LEGO poodle!!

Comment

SHHHH the bestest part of being parents is getting to play with the toys after that is not having people look at you funny when you go see childrens movies, because you actually have kids with you.

I can't wait for them to be done opening presents on chrisitmas, so we can play too. I have bought action figures for my husband, so he has his own to play with when him and our boys play. They don't always like to share with dad. We also make sure they pick something out themselves to give us on our birthdays. This year I got littlest pet shops, and my husband got a superman.

It is ok to want to play with toys.
          If you sweat the small stuff, all you have is small soggy stuff.....

Comment

OooOooCan I come over!?!

Comment

Wellll

I am sorry to say, I can't do a thing with them. You can't make a house because the side of the door doesn't attach to the wall. Not at all like my old set that is very old and npt likely to be found even on ebay. So, I am taking both boxes back to Wal Mart. Guess I have to find another toy to play with. I don't think I could make a poodle but before I take them back I can try. Maybe tinker toy or lincoln logs would be better. I wanted something easy to put together while watching tv.LOL

Comment

Which begs the question...how come my "paint-by-numbers" NEVER looked like the artistic rendering on the box?

When I had my tonsils out at the tender age of 8, my Mom bought me like 6 of those kits. I would paint one...then cry at how awful it looked, paint another one....boo-hoo for hours, try a 3rd and cry myself to sleep at the gruesome results.

All that crying set my recuperation back by months. I think it took me something like 11 months to heal from my de-tonsilling...not to mention all the permanent psychological damage...I won't even paint my nails or the side of a barn now...I am scarred for life.
                Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

I buy Legos for my husband. Actually, he just brought down his old R2D2 Lego droid thingy that actually makes sounds and moves and stuff. It had fallen apart in the box i the attic so he got to put it back together. Our son is obsessed with R2D2 (though he calls him Gah-D2) and was thrilled when my husband had him back together. Shhh, for Christmas this year I got a gift for my son and husband (since I know they'll both play with it) of a remote control R2D2! My husband ONLY wants toys for Christmas and will raise holy heck if you get him anything other than that!
                  What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

My sea monkeys always died.

/sob
                    Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
                    George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

You aren't nuts,,I play with my kids' all the time. Of course, I've been known to purposely vacuum up the ones that I have stepped on in the middle of the night, too...that'll teach 'em.
                      Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
                      www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

The old stuff is always better than the new. The new lincoln logs are tiny little short pieces but I know someone that just bought an old set on ebay. They were listed as vintage I think. They're much better like 8 or 10 inches long instead of those silly little pieces they sell these days. Wish I'd known you all like toys. I sold all my sons legos a few years ago. He literally had an entire full size suit case full of legos and bionicles.

Comment

I still have

my Son's huge collection, much of it hand me downs from an older cousin. I'd often be playing with them or coloring while my Son went off somewhere else. My Son is coming "home" for Christmas and I think it would be fun to bring them out for us to play with, thanks to your thread. He's just turned 30.
                          Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

I have no patience

for coloring books even if I had the BIG box with every color. I am disappointed in TOYS R US. I don't have time or interest in going to a mall to look. I didn't enjoy the parking lot of Toys R Us today. Ended up at Wal Mart and they have nothing of interest. Never bought from Ebay. After Christmas while resting I may check them out. I wanna play with something. I like games, like Scrabble and trivia and drawing out pics pictionary stuff, but you have to ahve people to play with.

Sibes I liked painting on tiles by numbers and even a black serving tray my G-mother loved and kept on her coffee table for years. But she lived in a tiny little appt, with meager stuff. I think she brought that ugly tray with her when she moved in with my mother. It was then that I appreciated it. Have no idea where it is now. good will got it I suspect.

I remember my sister doing a horse by#s and did a good job of it. I liked the smell of those tiny little capsules with oil paint in them. I could make a lanyard;That kept me busy for hours when we once drove to Ocean City, Md as a kid. I never learned how to start one tho'.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrooh View Post
                              my Son's huge collection, much of it hand me downs from an older cousin. I'd often be playing with them or coloring while my Son went off somewhere else. My Son is coming "home" for Christmas and I think it would be fun to bring them out for us to play with, thanks to your thread. He's just turned 30.
                              Mine just turned 23 & I still have all his leggos. They were at my mom's but she moved to a smaller house, now I have an entire closet full of his stuff!!! I hated playing with leggos when he was small, I would always buy him a new set, then take it to grandmas where they would spend hours putting stuff together. Thank goodness for grandmas,,,lol

Comment

Working...
                              X