Kallie's gift from the grave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kallie's gift from the grave

Earlier this year I found myself in the unenviable position of performing CPR on a dog.

http://www.petgroomerforums.com/chat...27s+phone+call

About a month after Kallie was pts, her owner got a new pup from the shelter, whom I've been grooming ever since, sweet little maltese mix named Puff. I finished her up and took her in to dad. As we were settling up, he shyly asked me if he could give me a "little something" for my efforts throughout the year. Handing me an envelope, he quietly explained, "This is not only for doing such a great job on Puff all the time, but also for what you did for Kallie. It was one of the worst moments in my life, but I'll never forget how much you cared for me and my dog, and I'm grateful. So, this is from me, Puff, and Kallie. Please, don't open this until you get outside."

Intrigued (and pretty sure it wasn't a $2 Papa Murphy's pizza coupon) I sat in the driver's seat and opened the envelope. Inside were five crisp $100 bills! A $500 tip!!! I sat there with tears running down my cheeks, wanting desperately to go back inside and give him a tremendous hug and maybe a kiss on the cheek. But I figured he had requested I open the envelope outside in order to avoid exactly such a scene, so bowing to his wishes I blew a kiss in the general direction of the house and drove off, an enormous grin on my face!

I knew the guy had money. His last name alone was a big clue (I wont put it here, but it starts with a "w" and the man invented the jukebox) plus the fact that he could afford my services on a monthly basis. But I've always been very happy with the $10 tips he gives me and never dreamed that someone would think enough of me to pony up 500 bucks!

Christmas is gonna be a little bit sweeter this year, cuz I'm spending every last dime of it on my friends and family (although I might save out $5 for a double-blended mocha with an extra shot cuz Im a total addict)!
    Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
    George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Sweet! Good for you.

Comment

WOW!! That is all I can think of to say right now because my jaw is on the floor -500 dollar tip!!! HOO-WEE, you can have a big time at the after Christmas sales on that one!!

Comment

Oh my goodness! How wonderful. I was just reading the original post and am sobbing in my cornflakes. I don't know how I missed that one. I will have to say that I just got my certification last month and after reading that thread am so glad I did. Hope I never have to use it.
        You deserved that bonus and I hope you have a Very Merry Christmas!!!!
        ~*~Robin~*~
        "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Comment

That is great

and brought a tear to my eye. Only thing I would say is buy something nicer than a coffee. If you gave a bunch of money to someone I'll bet you'd like them to treat themselves.

Sweet appreciation you got.
          Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Hi Puppy

I meant to PM you.
            Last edited by Jenneversage64; 12-20-09, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Wow! That is so awesome and I have never met you, however with the content of your posts and some of your work I have seen you post. You deserve it and you are worth it!! What a fantastic, caring man who appreciates you as his groomer and knows and appreciates a great person when he sees one.
              MR. W, Puff, and Kallie are so lucky to have you.
              PS: My Husband knew your clients name, I didn't DUH!!
              ***Darlynn***
              ***DON"T HATE ME BECAUSE IM POODLEFUL!!***

Comment

Its great to read such an uplifting post. How wonderful that you received such a tip, and how wonderful that you meant so much to someone that they wanted to show their appreciation to you.
                don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Wonderful for you and wonderful of him.

Comment

Like you said, a $2.00 coupon for pizza would have been nice but what an honor to have been gifted something like that.
                    I think I would have been bawling as I drove away for the wonderful thought and gift.
                    ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
                    Apparently common sense isn't all that common
                    *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

WOW, now thats a merry christmas!
                      ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Wow fluffer I think that grey cloud has lifted! Congrats and merry x-mas.

Comment

You have touched that family's heart, you should be proud of your self! Merry Christmas

Comment

How wonderful! I love to see groomers appreciated! If he gave it to you, you deserved it. Happy Holidays!!!!
                            www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                            http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

OMG! Fluffer! Wow! holy cow!! That is THE coolest thing I have EVER heard, ever.
                              Just to add a laugh,,,after reading your post, I asked my Husband across the room, "What's the name of the guy who invented the jukebox"? lol...it gets better....
                              my Daughter chimes in and says "juice box"?! I smile at her...
                              Wait for it..
                              so the patter of feet down the hall,,I am typing on,,la ti da,,,and then she appears at my side,,juice box in hand, and holds it up saying " this guy!" And pointing to the guy in overalls with a bushel of apples in arms on the front of the box,,,
                              OMG--what a laugh.
                              I am so happy for you Fluffer! And thank you for the extra laugh! Ha!
                              Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
                              www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Working...
                              X