Why in the world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why in the world?

Why would someone make an appointment yesterday, for today, then not show up? Then when you call them, hey maybe they overslept, they say, I can be there in 20 minutes. Then they just never show up. Why is it so hard to say, oops, I forgot to cancel, can't make it in. Why would you keep someone waiting on you? Why do people feel the need to outright lie like that? What do they gain? We could have taken another dog in if they had just told us the truth. This didn't happen to me, but another groomer. Unless it is a really loyal customer, I refuse to call if they are late, I give them 30 minutes, then try to replace them, and this time a year that is no problem. I figure, we either do reminder calls, or they just made the appointment, so why should I call them when they are late. I just don't get it.
    I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
    -Michelangelo

one of the memory illnesses, rudeness, or maliciousness. Has to be one of the three

Comment

Maybe she thought you were oily. Did you schmooze her on the phone?

j/k - They get 15 minutes past their appointment time from me. Then they're s.o.l.
      Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
      George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

GRRRRR! Pure inconsideration! That's a one time deal for me and I won't call if the're late. I do reminder calls. My goodness we're not their parents.
        ~*~Robin~*~
        "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Comment

we had one worse then that the day before thanksgiving the girl calls asks if we have any room for her yorkie(never been here before) i told her sorry we didnt we were packed then 20 minutes after i hang up one person calls and cancels so i call her back and say if you can be here within 45 minutes we will take her, she says ok ill be right there and then she never shows up

Comment

The same reason people show up an hour after you close to pick up their dogs this time of year. They probably couldnt pull themselves away from their x mas induced shopping frenzy.

Comment

Happens to me, but usually it is because they called the wrong store. Therr are 3 Bone appetits here. Originally all owned by the same guy. Than he sold 1 to my boss, and 2 to her he one I work at, and one about 40 mile is the other direction have grooming, but mine is the number information automatically gives out. I think it is funny people can't ask for a specific one.
              I call 15 min after they haven't shown up, and they get all worried saying "no I dropped fluffy off, did you loose her" cracks me up. Or they get mad at me saying "I was just there for my appointment, and you said I didn't have one and you didn't have time" I always tell them why there was a mix up. Most don't even know there is more than 1 store. I also give them the right number and tell them to hang onto it, so it doesn;t happen again.

I get a laugh out of it, and if it happens the other way around I always take the dog, it's a mistake, not really the owners fault. The other store takes it all serious, and blames the owners, and makes it all inconvienant for them.
              If you sweat the small stuff, all you have is small soggy stuff.....

Comment

Originally posted by gr8danlvr1 View Post
                Why would someone make an appointment yesterday, for today, then not show up? Then when you call them, hey maybe they overslept, they say, I can be there in 20 minutes. Then they just never show up. Why is it so hard to say, oops, I forgot to cancel, can't make it in. Why would you keep someone waiting on you? Why do people feel the need to outright lie like that? What do they gain? We could have taken another dog in if they had just told us the truth. This didn't happen to me, but another groomer. Unless it is a really loyal customer, I refuse to call if they are late, I give them 30 minutes, then try to replace them, and this time a year that is no problem. I figure, we either do reminder calls, or they just made the appointment, so why should I call them when they are late. I just don't get it.
                LOL, this just happened to me several weeks ago! I was totally floored that even when called, they said they would be in shortly and still never showed up! Geez-just tell me ya ain't comin'!

Comment

This totally happens to me all the time! And most of them are ones who call the day before..

I give them around 20 minutes and call. Since it is so slow I usually come in just for that dog.. Most don't answer, or they say they forgot. Then they reschedule.

But what was the point of calling the night before!? Are they that unorganized? Or forgetful?

Comment

Working...
                  X