Spoke too soon......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoke too soon......

Last week I was complaining about all the reschedules I was getting, well, I spoke too soon! Even had a lady be very very rude to me because I can't get her standard in B4 X-mas. She said she was no longer my customer. Thank God, I had a sweet little old man in my shop when it happened. He said "Hmmmph, tell her that's good, walk, cuz I already have someone who would love to be your new client!" If he wasn't there I probably would've started balling. I will miss her standard though, he was a big sweet baby. I'm working from about 7:30 in the morning til 7:00 at nite for Pete's Sake, what more do they want, I would NEVER do that to my hairdresser.

That's ridiculous. Too bad for the dog, but I think I might be happy to lose a customer that would say that to me.

Comment

Meh she'll probably come crawling back when she realizes that either A) no other groomer in town will fit her in before the holidays or B) only the chop shop across town can fit her and she'll hate the haircut haha. Make sure you take some time for yourself in the hectic schedule, the holidays are for you too!

Comment

Good for you that you are so busy! Clients like your standard lady sure do make ya appreciate the little old man type clients even more, huh?
        Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
        Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

Comment

Yep, I think I woulda said "Lator Tator".

Comment

Originally posted by scrubapup View Post
            Yep, I think I woulda said "Lator Tator".
            Me too!! Along with "And dont let the door hit you in the arse on your way out!"

Comment

I have a feeling she will be back. I have a client with a bichon that came every week since he was a pup. He ended up going to live with the mother and law, and she told me I charged to much for the every week deal, she told me she was going to find someone else to groom her dog. About a month later she was back, and her bichon looked like a poo!! If she has that kind of tude, I would be happy she left.

Comment

Several years ago I had this client with a OWNDERFUL dog who was unemployed and would charge groomings until her check came in. I was ok with it. WELL she didn;t pay me once, and then called to come in again and no showed when I reminded her she needed to pay me for her last groom when she camein (she was asking to charge again). Didn't see her for months. SHe called three days before Christmas, trying to get in. HA! I was firm but polite. "Teresa, you have to pay for the last groom, this groom and a no show fee. Your total will be assessed at the current FULL price not the discount you were getting. Your total is $XXX payable at drop off. She screamed at me that I didn;t appreciate her patronage. I said, "Yes I do, but I have to get paid. Why don't you go back to whomever has been doing her since we haven't seen you in 6 months". The client standing next to me applauded me.

Don't let it get to you. They will push your buttons until you make them stop.
                <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X