Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARRRRRGH! (Just had to get it outta my system)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARRRRRGH! (Just had to get it outta my system)

What is it with people who are friendly and appreciative to your face, but complain about you to your boss, really lame stuff like, "I felt like I was being schmoozed, but I don't know why"? I went out of my way to reassure this woman who was a little hesitant about having a new groomer work on her skanky, nasty-ass little dogs (one of our former groomer's clients). We had a nice chat, and I swear to god I did no schmoozing, other than being friendly and commenting on her family portrait. She seemed very friendly and thanked me for being so nice to her dogs. She scheduled another appointment and tipped me well. Then she calls bossman. She had no complaints with the service, just my schmoozing. The woman said I was....are you ready for this?....OILY! OILY?????? (insert enraged sputtering sounds here, along with your favorite profanity. I'm sure I used it...)

Then...THEN....after giving my bossman a ration of **** (which of course flows downhill and lands in my lap), she freakin' no shows! After the office called and confirmed THIS MORNING? You gotta be kidding me...I can't figure out if she's passive-aggressive or what. My only satisfaction (and it is admittedly petty, but it's all I have) is that there's not a chance she's gettin rescheduled before Christmas. Wash yer own damn dogs, ya loony...

And right after that - wham! 140 lb. lab! Shavedown! With a flippin 7f in reverse, in December, despite my pleas for at least a 5. Took me two hours...like grooming a waterbed mattress (and he farted the entire time he was in the van, lord knows what they're feeding that poor dog). No tip. Followed up by a pelted westie-yeti cross...

'k, I feel better...
    Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
    George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Oily? I bet you didn't add enough facial powder to your morning make-up regimen did you? I'm sure there are many times I look oily too! In the words of Donald Trump, I hope she is FIRED!
    I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
    -Michelangelo

Comment

Oh, Fluffer, I can't say anything to make it better,,except "Well, at least its over". Sometimes that's all one has at the end of a day. And I agree with your sense of satisfaction. Actually I wouldn't have her back after the Holidays, either, but that's just me. When I am nice to someone and they think I have ulterior motives, since I just don't have time or the strategic skills to play head games with clients, their paranoia and weirdness need to just go away...
      Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
      www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

You prolly lost her when you commented on the "family portrait".
        Did you say something flattering about it being in black and white, and even the women in long skirts holding up shotguns in one hand and dead critters in the other, on the collapsing front porch, surrounded by menfolk and "jugs" of moonshine?

That'll git yer arse a complaint ever-time. (You Californey-I-A city-folk, you.)
        Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyFluffer View Post
          Wash yer own damn dogs, ya loony...
          Tee Hee...those 7 words made my day.
          don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Wonder how the groomer she liked treated her? Give your dog and get the h-ll outta here? Some people are just plain ignoramouses... Hopefully bossman knows this and leaves you the heck alone. Oh well tis the season!

Comment

I just tell myself that we cant please everyone.

The image of the lab had me giggling, Im glad I dont work in a van!

Comment

She is obviously

Seems she is suspicious of nice and friendly people, probably because she herself is NOT NICE and uses niceness only when it is to her advantage. Then her "bad feeling" about you being nice (based on her own skewed perception of what niceness is) made her wary of the grooming, and because she is NOT NICE, she pulled a no show instead of being thoughtful/considerate enough to cancel.

Like the saying goes: If you are a crook, you think everyone is a crook.

Comment

You oily schmooze you.

Oily.

How....odd.

We love you PuppyFluffer, oily or not!

Comment

Awww don't feel bad Pluffer. I had a client make an appt at a local shop recently and complain about me. Her complaint? I put the dogs bow in 'too tight' and caused her hair to mat up so the owner had to cut her topknot guess it had nothing to do with her leaving the bow there for a month right?
                    The ocean is a desert with it's life underground and the perfect disguise above><((((؛>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((؛>¸.
                    ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((؛>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((؛>

Comment

Is she bi polar and didn't take her meds? Don't worry about it, you don't sound like you were schmoozing to me. Would she rather you told her she had little nasty A#* dogs? I think a lot of people are on edge this Christmas season!

Comment

Dont you just wish you could tell some people to "Eat $*&T and die!" Dont worry about it PF, bossman knows a nutcase when he hears one and he knows you are a fantastic groomer and representative for his business.

Comment

Here here Debbiedogs you hit it right on the button!

Comment

OILY? That is a very strange way to describe someone...and a very strange thing to take offense to, lol. Very strange indeed.
                            Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

You guys just crack me up, y'know that?

Originally posted by Puppy Love
                              Dont you just wish you could tell some people to "Eat $*&T and die!"
                              Yes. Yes I do.

Originally posted by Siberianlover
                              You oily schmooze you.

Oily.

How....odd.
                              That made me blow milk out my nose! Yeah, oily me. And yeah - very odd.

Originally posted by 4Sibes1corgiandquiteafewcats
                              You prolly lost her when you commented on the "family portrait".
                              Did you say something flattering about it being in black and white, and even the women in long skirts holding up shotguns in one hand and dead critters in the other, on the collapsing front porch, surrounded by menfolk and "jugs" of moonshine?
                              . Actually, I remarked on how much of a family resemblance there was among the folks in the picture, about 30 of em...Hmm, perhaps all the inbreeding put her on the defensive (shrug).

Originally posted by Windywaywhatsherface
                              When I am nice to someone and they think I have ulterior motives, since I just don't have time or the strategic skills to play head games with clients, their paranoia and weirdness need to just go away...

I wish I could fire her. I really do. Unfortunately, that is one of the few downsides to this job. Since bossman takes the hit in the wallet, its up to him whether or not she gets kicked to the curb.

I love you guys, I realllly do!
                              Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
                              George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Working...
                              X