firstshield trio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firstshield trio

has anyone heard of this flea,tick control product? tried to look it up, a client got it from banfield, seems to have worked but no info on who makes,side effects,curious that no info on the web.
    ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

I'm not sure if it works or not. It is the newest thing that Banfield has started selling since they stopped selling Frontline. I do know that several customers have bought it, compared it to the spot treatments off the shelves and returned it because they were paying triple for the same thing. Again, I don't know if it is any good, just going by customer response.
    I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
    -Michelangelo

Comment

http://www.drugs.com/vet/first-shield-trio.html

http://www.schuylerproducts.com/imag...hield_blue.jpg

Based on the active ingredients in this, I would NOT USE IT! The permethrin amount is insane!
      <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

thanks debbi, that is what i needed, the pup is insanley allergic to fleas, but i am more into natural products. i do use frontline , but one sends him insane.

Comment

With a puppy that is highly allergic, I would suggest Comfortis, even if you prefer all natural, it would REALLY solve the problem. I use it ONLY as needed. In fact I have not had to use it except on my shop doggies, since last July. 2009 Only used it two or three times in fact. It is so highly effective it makes a huge difference!
          <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

i just ordered comfortis, i realy appreciate it, this is my show prospect and he has no undercoat left! he comes to work with me, so he is exposed to fleas, the older dog was alergic, just doesn't seem to bother her anymore.how do i pick the flea allergic dogs so well? at least we are 1 to 2 years before his first "show".

Comment

Originally posted by odette View Post
              i just ordered comfortis, i realy appreciate it, this is my show prospect and he has no undercoat left! he comes to work with me, so he is exposed to fleas, the older dog was alergic, just doesn't seem to bother her anymore.how do i pick the flea allergic dogs so well? at least we are 1 to 2 years before his first "show".
              I do the same thing! My shop puppies are also competition dogs and two are AKC show dogs, so they HAVE to have hair! Toto, my baby that goes everywhere with me is so allergic we pulled him from the ring and ha da bald puppy for a year or two. He will chew himself bloody over one flea. Augie, the new puppy, is the same way. My cockers, not so much but my POODLE? OMG If a flea THINKS about getting on him..........so you are most welcome. I use it as needed. If I don;t see fleas but its time to re administer, I don't. Toto and Augie let me know really quick when its time to use it. My dog Odette, that died this year, was highly allergic as well. SHe was MOST greateful for COmfortis in her last years of her life. I miss her and think about her everytime I see your screen name!

Comment

I tried the comfortis and it worked. This was the first time my dogs ever had fleas. Kind of freaked me out, since my oldest is 10 1/2 years old! Anyway I gave them all one of the pills in October and have not had a problem since. Do fleas have an attraction to certain dogs, or types of coat? My poodles had them the worst with fleas and flead dirt, and my GSP and mix had just a couple with no flea dirt at all. Also, can you only get it from vets? I think it cost me $65 for all four tablets and would love to get it a little cheaper if I need it again.
                What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

Actually fleas do. I know for sure they prefer the lighter colored dogs, the lighter the better. I have seen many times where 2 dogs from one house, one light or white, the other black or very dark, and their will be a huge amount of fleas on the light dog and very little on the dark dog. Now as far as scent or taste, well you'd have to ask the flea.
                  I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
                  -Michelangelo

Comment

Nicole, I pay $85 for it from my vet, so if you got it cheaper you did GOOD! It is available from a few sources online but they require a script. I have never seen it lower than you paid for it!

My white dogs DO attract more fleas and the Orkin man that we used to use said if you want to find fleas walk into a house with white socks on. They will come running. We tested that in our shop one year when we had a mild flea problem. Paige wore white socks and her ankles were devoured. I work darker sock, no bites. Switched up colored socks and the exact opposite happened.
                    Last edited by Particentral; 12-19-09, 06:21 AM.

Comment

i paid $112.07 for 12 from petsmegastore.com.au american. 60 to 120 lbs, if you hurry you get free shipping, no script required.

Comment

Working...
                      X