I just got done with a nightmare dog. LOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got done with a nightmare dog. LOL

I just finished grooming and bathing a 9 month old 80 pound German Shepard with anxiety seperation disorder. This dog was a nightmare I hope it never comes back. LOL I wanted to tell the lady that dog doesn't have a disorder what you have is a 80lb puppy that needs training badly! OMG I am so glad that dog is done and over. If she does come back I hope she atleast get the dog some simple obediance training. It just literally drug her out of my salon and she is like oh he is just playing. Geeze. lol I am covered in water, hair and scratches from this monster. I love big dogs but I hate when people don't teach them anything and treat them like little babies.

i had a nightmare dog today too,a husky/chow mix it was a beast with alot and i mean alot of fur,kept going after me had to be muzzled growled the whole time,lots of impacted undercoat,hated being brushed out,did what i could but wasnt worth losing any fingers over it,i hope it never comes back either,the mom was really nice,but if it does come back i wrote on card dont book for me ever once was enough for me

Comment

I had one of those yesterday. A 110 lb mix of some kind. Ten years old and has never been professionally groomed. It took me and his parents all holding him to get him done. He had giants CHUNKS of poop like literally half turds stuck all in his back furnishings which were also hard matted balls. His toenails were so long that they were growing sideways and crossing over. And all the while his parents think they know more than I do about what is good for the dog. I tell them I should really take the toenails back far enough so it takes the pressure off of his toes but he says no that will hurt him if they bleed and I am thinking yeah and leaving like this is deforming his feet. Not that I wanted to be the one to cut them back and upset him but it obviously needed to be done. They are like oh this is our little baby but he doesn't like to be brushed, he would never bite.....and then he lunges for my face. I can't imagine people who have dogs and let them get like that. The dog went home basically wet and without his ears cleaned because he just wouldn't let me near his face. There was literally no calming this dog down. I went home with gouges out of my hands soaked and filthy. I don't think I will answer the phone if they ever call back. Oh and he **** on the floor.

Comment

Well mine wasn't a big hairy, but it was my favorite breed on steroids!! She actually managed to bite me with the muzzle on. I really need to get one of those net covered muzzles, but I always forget until its too late. It's funny though she bites her owners too.

Comment

I hope you charged for your time.... with people like that, the way I see it is that they can either pay for a trainer, or pay very high rates for their poorly behaved pets.

Comment

I would suggest housecall to this client. I do a full grown GSD that behaved the way you described the first time I did him. Over the last year, he has gotten better. I actually felt pretty good after the last time I did him. He was asked not to return to the shop because of his behavior. She understands that he might not always be dry- it is up to our patience level with each other each visit. Personally, I would never own a GSD after the the three that I do- they are all very emotional about being groomed.

Comment

I do so wish they'd stop tossing out seperation anxiety as an excuse for badly behaved dogs. If you look up seperation anxiety in the DSM, it's not likely dogs can even develop seperation anxiety. It takes a mental process dogs probably don't have. Just like they don't have the mental process to do things out of spite.

I'm all for calling an ill mannered dog just that. They're badly behaved because their owners don't bother to train them.

Comment

I should have charged her more then I did and if I wasn't so hard up for business right now I might would have she really made me mad thought because before she left I told her how much it would be and she said "Okay do that and whatever else you do" Huh? Whatever else I do? Anyways when she picked him up (btw she showed up early instead of waiting for me to call.) I was still trying to get some of his shedding fur off with the fuminator but when she showed up I was like well your done now. So she is paying and I gave her the bill which was exactly what I told her it would be and she says. What else did you do to him? I looked at her kind of funny like what do you mean? I said well I cliped his nails, cleaned his ears, expressed his glands, furminated and bathed like we discussed. And she says you didn't do anything else? I am trying to figure out what else she expected me to do to this dog. Like I was just going to add on a bunch of services and charge her for them or something. Well she paid her bill and I was like let me get your change and she says yes you owe me $1.29 in change. I just looked at her like I think I know how to count change. No tip ofcourse. Yes I should have charged her a lot more then I did, next time I will. The dog looked great his collar even fit better after I got most of that undercoat out of him. I told her she should get a furminator. I don't sell them but I told her where she could get one. I was way to nice to this lady and her beast. LOL! Next time I will charge double for him! Glad to know I am not in the bad dog boat alone. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by DoggieStylesAustin View Post
                  I just finished grooming and bathing a 9 month old 80 pound German Shepard with anxiety seperation disorder. This dog was a nightmare I hope it never comes back. LOL I wanted to tell the lady that dog doesn't have a disorder what you have is a 80lb puppy that needs training badly! OMG I am so glad that dog is done and over. If she does come back I hope she atleast get the dog some simple obediance training. It just literally drug her out of my salon and she is like oh he is just playing. Geeze. lol I am covered in water, hair and scratches from this monster. I love big dogs but I hate when people don't teach them anything and treat them like little babies.
                  I sooooo agree with you. Now I'm not saying my dogs are perfect but we have rules and boundaries and they are good. It's amazing, I'll watch my friends dogs while they go on vacation and you know how on The Dog Whisperer they will stop doing something they shouldn't be with him but then when the owners come back they start all over, this is so very very true. Me & my husband will just shake our heads. They complain about their behavior but don't want to do anything about it when all they have to do is not allow it. Dogs are kind of like kids, no rules and boundaries then they become wild!

Comment

I groomed a labradoodle (SP?) the other day and felt like I was grooming the dog on the run. I couldn't get him still for more than 3 seconds so I'm still not sure what he looks like. his owner liked him so I guess he was ok but sheesh, it was like wrestling an excited 2 year old.

Comment

next time you do a g.s.d. just be very firm, they are good at that poor, pityful me act! somewhat like a sibe,ooooohhhhhhh nnnoooooooo not my tail!!! hah, be firm, they will respect you for it. i'd rather tackle one than some of the little monsters i get,my own 7 mth been groomed since he was 6.5 wks tried that b.s. today! he is obedience trained, they are just a bit pushy,
                      ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Working...
                      X